on 28 June 2016
This series of CDs are excellent quality, very well mastered. My one disappointment is that the song Maureen is not on Girls I have Known. It's a great song fantastically sung by Jim but it's a rare song to find on his albums. That aside, his glorious tone of voice and musical arrangements are a joy to behold. The first girl song Marie is almost a , possibly is a great jive number, wow! The rest of the cd sways from up tempo songs to more slower crooning style songs that all together make Jim such a lovable artist. A must buy.
on 19 April 2015
I have practically all the records of Jim Reeves, ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND COMFORTING VOICES EVER!!i I WISH THERE MORE JIM REEVES SONGS RECORDS TO BUY!!! I am a Muslim, but because of Jim's SUPERFLUOUS SOOTHING VOICE, I LISTEN EVEN TO THE GOSPEL SONGS HE HAS SUNG!!! iF I EVER CONVERT TO CHRISTIANITY, IT WOULD BE BECAUSE OF JIM'S MELODIOUS VOICE!!! I THINK IF ALLAH EVER WANTED TO TALK TO MANKIND DIRECTLY, HE WOULD CHOOSE GENTLEMAN JIM'S VOICE!!!!! I, AND MY WIFE LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!!! WE HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO HIM PRACTICALLY EVERY DAY FOR THE PAST 55 YEARS!! WHAT A PITY HE WAS TAKEN FROM US DUE TO HIS PLANE CRASH, WAY BACK ON 31ST JULY, 1964. MAY ALLAH ALWAYS BLESS HIS SOUL. AND MAY ALLAH ALSO BLESS THE SOUL OF THE GREAT INDIAN, ONE OF A KIND SINGER, AGAIN WITH AN UNMATCHABLE VOICE NAMED MOHAMMED RAFI, WHO ALSO DIED ON 31ST JULY, BUT IN 1980. THANKS.
Comment Comment | Permalink
on 25 August 2013
Listened to this CD. Loved it. It has a good number of tunes I especially love. My all time favourite is Maria Elena. I would certainly recommend this CD for people who not only like good music but also to enjoy the very fine voice of Jim Reeves.
on 10 July 2011
The first album is a great idea, all the tracks are about one girl. A mix of styles but generally, all have Jim in easy listening mode. The second album is perhaps weaker in that many tracks have a very similar sound but for me the standout track is Room Full Of Roses, melancholic and tear-inducing, lush strings this is a real gem. Comes with a booklet which reproduces the original vinyl cover and reverse sides. A welcome addition to the catalogue.
on 24 December 2009
I bought this album because it listed a track "Juanita" that my belated father loved and thought us when we were young. I was putting together a video hommage for my father's memorial and wanted to include most of the many songs he loved and "Juanita" was one of the top lists. As I listened to the album, that distinctive deep peaceful voice of Jim Reeves that we used to listen to every Sunday, took me back to my childhood memories.
on 15 August 2010
For Jim Reeves' lovers this is a wonderful CD and it arrived quickly and in less time than was quoted which was brilliant as I needed it urgently
on 14 December 2014
Please d to receive this