TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 March 2009
First of all, a caveat: this review is no reflection upon Amazon service - they delivered the subscription pack to me quickly and efficiently.

Secondly, the magazine is itself fine.

The problem is with the subscription service. I bought the pack as a Christmas gift for my father. he sent off his details between Christmas and New Year's Day.

The pack says that the sender will get confirmation of the subscription within 14 days - so we were expecting this mid -January. The pack advises that the sub will start some 6 weeks after the pack application form is returned.

By Mid february, we'd heard nothing. I rang the service up, and they identified the sub, saying 'a confirmation is just going out to you'. That's about 45 days, guys.

The confirmation got to me about 14 days later. That's approximately 60 days - or two months if you prefer.

The first issue of the sub reached my father in mid-March, over two and a half months after the sub card was completed and sent to off.

That's 12 weeks before you get the first issue of the sub (three months) and two months (not six weeks) to get confirmation. For all you know, the whole thing has been lost in the post or gone pear shaped.

In other words, there's no point in buying the sub as a gift. Buy it from a newsagent on a monthly basis instead. Clearly, there are too many okay-ya horsey waifs working on this magazine and not enough grafters.