Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£3.49

on 7 July 2007
The first thing I would advise you to do is...Ignore the above Amazon review..anyone would think they didn't want you to order the album, that guy needs to be fired..NOW.
Anyway, onto the album, I agree that Whitesnake were a band of 2 differing styles, the Blues/Rock of the 1st few albums, and the American Hair Metal sound of later years..but this CD has the very best of both styles, and I think it's a worthy addition to the collection of anyone who calls their self a fan of Whitesnake..buy it.
on 25 April 2003
This album may be called "The best of Whitesnake", yet…
Too many songs on this album are from the "American" years and not enough from the "English" years, the real Halcyon days of Whitesnake.
Most of this album is indeed, commercially successful, classic, US hard rock: some great songs, a lot of L.A. mid-eighties style (no need to comment further I suppose… even if the "1987 Whitesnake album rocked in a very Hollywood kind of way!!!)
It is a pity that only a few tracks from the seventies and the very beginning of the eighties are here to demonstrate how brilliant David Coverdale and his dream team (the best line-up according to me included Ian Paice, Jon Lord, Micky Moody, Bernie Mardsen , Neil Murray) were: "Ready 'n' Willing", "Long Way from Home", and the bluesy live version of "Ain't no love in the heart of the city"…
By the way, may I suggest the double live album "Live in the heart of the city", as it is a real eternal classic and provides the true best of Whitesnake?
(for less than 8 pounds as well!!!!!)
on 20 May 2015
Perfect starter album if you've just been introduced to Whitesnake, has the standard classic songs like Here I Go Again, Is This Love? and Fool For Your Loving. I'm biased as I love Whitesnake so therefore I love this album.
on 18 May 2009
This album is a perfect mix of old and new Whiteshake,ballads,and good old style & more progressive rock music. in my opinion it really is as the title says "BEST OF"
fantastic value for money too.I bought it simply to add to my Whitesnake collection that is now nearly 30yrs old......(I missed a few along the way ). I would recommend it to any one new to this type of rock music or someone who's not really listened to much Whitesnake before ...... they would soon become a fan !! ..... and not to forget this brilliant band, are still playing live.
on 3 November 2015
I bought this because I wanted to listen to more Whitesnake than just the big hits and I only had one song downloaded of theirs already. At £3.49 it seemed good value. They are good but tend towards "easy listening" 1980s rock. I enjoy this but don't expect a high adrenilin rush from most of the tracks!
on 7 November 2014
You can't fault this compilation from Whitesnake covering a wide spectrum of their work.
Slightly commercial when compared to other Deep Purple members such as Gillan and Blackmore.
That said it is still a great listen and is excellent driving music.
on 26 November 2015
Whitesnake are a band that have polarised more fans than most. As any rock fan will know, there have been two Whitesnakes who just happen to have the same singer! There's the early Moody/Marsden version, who played fantastic blues rock and the second incarnation who specialised in the MTV generation hair metal or poodle-rock. Each fan will favour one or the other, as an overview of the reviews show. I'm more of a fan of the early stuff, but to be honest, it sounds a bit dated now. As the saying goes, it would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing.
on 23 April 2003
Whitesnake have to be one of the most important rock bands of the last two decades, how can they have lasted 25 years and 12 albums and not prduced this record before?? The Greatest hits album of the 90's was total garbage containing pointless remixes and the 'wailing' period of Whitesnake songs. This album is a much truer representation of what the Whitesnake fans see as thier greatest hits.
The songs you would expect are there; A nice remaster of Fool for Your Loving plus Dont Break my Heart Again, Is this Love, R&W, Here I go again, Guilty of Love and Still of the Night all sounding as fantastic as ever (although I always thought 'Is this love', was a bit poofy!)
The great thing about this album is the inclusion of great songs that were not big hits, for example - Standing in the Shadows only made it to no 62 in the UK chart and Long Way from Home only made it to 55 in the UK chart, yet both are superb songs.
The way the album is mixed is nice too, the songs are in no particular order, but follow each other nicely, which is quite rare with compilation albums.
The jewel in the crown has to be the inclusion of the 1978 studio version of 'A'int no love in the Heart of the City', this song just gets you tingling all over everytime you hear it the album is worth buying for this song alone.
All in all, I would say this is one of the best compilation albums I have heard, the subject matter helps a lot! The sleeve is nice colours etc, I think there could have been a bit more information and history about the band.
You are NUTS of you do not buy this album right now, a great introduction to Whitesnake.
BUY,BUY,BUY!!!!!!!
on 12 August 2012
Not very familiar with Whitesnake apart from the singles here i go again and is this love I found this compilation to contain songs of a similar style soft rock and bluesy ballards not bad but only played once so too early to tell.Delivered on time by Amazon
on 25 April 2014
White Snake are a very underestimated band and there are some great tracks on this particular album. Good quality sound and the tracks are enjoyable even to people who do not like metal or rock music. They are a sort of rock band who appeal to a lot of people, similar to people who enjoy Status Quo, even though their music is different from each other. Staus Quo and Whitesnake have catchy and distinctive music which is unique to them. I would recommend this Best of Album because it is excellent value for money and is available for download straight away in MP3 format while you wait for your Jewel Case CD in the post.