on 15 August 2017
Vinyl sounding better than the cd I've had since the 90's. Dark and deep Add this to any collection,
2 people found this helpful
on 25 April 2015
Massive Attack are one of my favourite groups and this IMO is their best album and sits at the top of my top ten albums of all time. I have wanted this on vinyl for a long time and have struggled to get a copy for a few years now. This is good quality and plays brilliantly. It was expensive for a double album and I would not normally pay this price but now I have it I feel it was worth it. This will be played and played.
2 people found this helpful
on 15 April 2016
Mezzanine is a masterpiece that literally everybody has heard - whether you have the album or not. It has been used on TV and in films (such as The Matrix) so much that you WILL have heard at least some of it. Massive Attack at their best.
One person found this helpful
on 6 February 2016
Perhaps a cliché, but this is my favourite Massive Attack album. Fantastically produced with moments of soft beauty and eerie darkness when Teardrop slides seamlessly into Inertia Creeps. Listen to this album with good head phones while walking on a quiet, dark night, the beats fit it perfectly.
on 28 April 2017
Fab band and fab album. Just replacing my CD bought in the 1990's as it is looking very worn and a bit scratched.
Very happy with this purchase and it was delivered quickly.
on 31 January 2012
Very good album of slow sometimes dark sometimes light tunes with words.Labled as trip hop.A lot heavier than the previous two albums with more guitar and layer and less gentle introspection and less of a soul influence but does still have some.Three tracks with Horace Andy and three with the lead singer of The Cocteau twins one with Sara Jay and the rest are group effort.The odd track is not so easy to listen to at first but do make sense. Mushroom of Massive Attack last involvement.
on 18 November 2015
Essential trip-hop from the pioneers of the Genre! Mezzanine is an album full of Dark, chill-out tunes that will transport you to another level! I absolutely Love this album and it features some of the bands best tracks including Teardrop, Inertia creeps, Risingson and Angel! Great stuff. Massive album. Just sit back, press play and get transported into the Dark realm of Massive Attack's Seminal and Classic Mezzanine!
on 23 January 2015
beautiful vinyl pressing, double vinyl, heavy, flat, surface noise free. 'man next door' on loud practically rumbles the foundations with the bass lines.

Many miles ahead of the original CD.

Great cover art too of course.
One person found this helpful
on 1 January 2013
I'd never really been a Massive Attack fan before I bought this album; I've long liked "Angel" and started listening to "Dissolved Girl" after watching the Matrix again a while back. Buying this album for just those two songs turned out to be worth it. I can't really fault it at all, although at the same time it isn't my normal musical tastes. To me, it feels a bit more laid back than most albums, with a hint of dark undertones and some excellent vocals. May have to consider some more of Massive Attack after this album.
on 9 December 2015
Got other Massive Attack CD's which I really enjoy so thought I would add this to my collection. Glad I did. Nice and chilled like the others. Well worth a listen.
Packaging fine and arrived in time stated.