Customer reviews

Greatest Hits
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.09

on 18 July 2017
A good cd but as good as greatest hits
on 15 January 2008
Dr Hook (and the Medicine Show) were quite diverse in their time, the masters of rock satire, accomplished dance-pop and beautiful ballads as well as rude and suggestive ditties. Although not comprehensive, this album with its 20 tracks offers a wide spectrum of the novelty and serious songs of Dr Hook. There are soft rock numbers like All The Time In The World and catchy pop numbers like When You're In Love With A Beautiful Woman (A Number One hit in the UK in 1979) and Sexy Eyes. Plus the witty rock classics like the singalong Cover Of The Rolling Stone, The Millionaire and the rhythmic Girls Can Get It, and their biggest hot of all, the weepy Sylvia's Mother, a masterly blend of sorrow and humor. Other tuneful ballads include A Couple More Years, Years From Now and their cover of Sam Cooke's Only Sixteen. The slower numbers are balanced by rhythmic uptempo songs like You Make My Pants Wanna Get Up and Dance and the huge hit Baby Makes Her Blue Jeans Talk. Just for the record, the band did eventually make the cover of that magazine in March 1973. For the devoted fans, I recommend the 2-disc set Collection or Hits and History with its bonus DVD. Greatest Hooks is fine as an introduction to this band that made people laugh, dance and listen with their million-selling pop, country, dance and rock tunes.
on 31 March 2013
As an ageing Dr Hook fan this lives up to all my wishes for a trip back in time. I thoroughly enjoy listening on my Kindle HD especially as the only other cd's I have Dr Hook I have to listen to at home only. Can recommend this.
on 2 November 2016
Not a Dr. Hook fan. My wife made me buy it to familiarize myself with the songs before we see them live at Liverpool in November. I like it... a good selection of songs......but still not a fan!
on 22 January 2013
Very good quality. Would recomend this product to anybody. No problem. Don't know what else to say, why do I have to use a certain number of words?
on 3 December 2013
Have loved Dr Hook from way back and really enjoyed listening to this particular cd. Would thoroughly recommend this to other dr hook fans.
on 4 April 2013
All the hits all the memories. This replaced a worn out tape version. Also thanks to amazon player i have it on my phone as well
on 16 December 2012
Love this album would recommend this to any Dr Hook fan they would not be disappointed thanks so much great purchase
on 16 April 2014
One of the best CD'S I have listened to, no need to fast forward on this cd, all brilliant, love it
on 21 November 2014
Another old favourite so just added it to my library