on 10 January 2018
I had only recently heard of NJ and heard her sing on Youtube. Also noted the number of views and thought that this young lady must be something special, Alas, no. Having forked out for the CD, I was determined to enjoy it but apart from the couple of hits, the rest of the album is dirge like and I found it difficult to remember the songs as she seems to have the knack of making them all sound the same. Her voice can be sensual but also a bit grating and she tends to sing within a limited vocal range. It could be the choice of material on this album is to blame and I would hope that she is capable of much better. Disappointing really and I would not be too upset if my copy went missing. I bought Julie London and Eva Cassidy albums at the same time and listen to them constantly. Sometimes the performance of an artist will grow on one through time but this is not happening. The backings are tasteful and appropriate but that is not why I purchased this album.

Update:- Having listened to for a couple of weeks, this CD has started to grow on me a bit, but a bit more variety of content would still help and I am sure she has a voice capable of much more. I have to be in the right mood to listen but that can apply to any music. Up to 4 star now!!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 December 2015
Nora Jones seems to have known nothing but success in her album recording to date. All 5, more or less have been smash hits all over the world. Clearly, collectively, they have hit the spot with fans and critics alike. This is her first album, as all of her first three albums – it went to no 1.
It’s strange that her ‘singles’ success has been pretty non - existent. She has topped the charts, but only in Japan! In the UK, her best effort was ‘Sunrise’ which got no higher than 30 here. In America it’s much the same story?
This would indicate that her albums are of a very high overall standard, that she produces very few exceptional songs, but a lot of songs of a reasonably high calibre – it is an oddity for sure?
I love her voice and this album is very nice to listen to … but really outstanding or truly exceptional – no not for me. In fact, to be honest, I’m a little confused as to how her albums have sold so well – but that’s just me, and the majority clearly love her , so I’m clearly in the minority!
on 3 April 2014
There are so many things to say about Norah Jones but they are so hard to put into words that will do her music justice. This is a journey you need to go on yourselves. Listen and feel her music, how it reaches out to you. The melodies and musical phrasing is absolutely perfect.

I can listen to her voice all day long and this moves over all her albums but I love this one in particular. The title track of the album is one of the most beautiful and transfixing I have ever heard, I am captivated by Norah's ability to produce such a wonderful style of music. Her voice is perfection.
on 6 December 2015
I do love this CD so I have to give it five stars. However it gets a bit twangy country in one place. Nothing wrong with country but this didn't quite work for me on this occasion.

If you like Norah then it's a pretty essential album. I used to like her, then was not keen on this album a couple of years ago when I listened to it on youtube. I tried it again once more on Amazon Prime Music and liked it instantly. Bought it the next day.
on 16 May 2013
If you're into smooth, relaxing, romantic music than this album has it all. Delicate voice, good lyrics, relaxed atmosphere throughout the record.
While some people might not like the music I still think any audiophile/music lover should have this just for the amazing well recorded voice. If you have a Sacd player and a hi-fi system than you're in for a treat!
The voice is so life-real in the living room that it gives you the creeps sometimes!
No big bass / big drums present in this album which makes for a very listenable experience...I went through the whole album 3 times in one evening!
My hat off to the recording engineers at Blue Note Records!
Just as a side note: there's a background noise (like "shhhhhhhhh") on some tracks which were added on post production to mimic the "analog sound" , but for me it doesn't work at all mainly because the album feels jazzy modern&fresh.
So if you hear it it's not your gear :)
on 11 January 2018
Bought for my wife for a film track, only the two best tracks are going in my I-pod. She has a voice only for a quite smokey evening.
on 9 March 2017
The SACD mastering is simply amazing. I had the CD rip as FLAC. But the details on this one made my jaw drop! Arrived almost a week early as well in Sweden.
on 23 October 2016
I bought this for my girlfriend as a present and she absolutely loves it. Great quality vinyl too!
on 21 January 2017
Filling a gap in my collection from many years ago. This didn't disappoint, simply a lot better than I remembered and should have plugged the gap years ago.
on 11 November 2014
But the album cover suggested that I was buying something that I did not already have.
I did have the CD already but with a different cover picture
I am happy to have purchsed it
But there are too many albums being sold these days which are exactly the same as some previously released,but with a different cover picture.Very naughty especially if track details are not published on line