Customer reviews

on 8 June 2009
I originally saw this band at Reading Festival and they blew my socks off. I got home, and immediatly brought the album.

To hear the tracks that I had gone crazy to live, Doomed Now, Lets Make Out, Rockstars to name a few are just as crisp, and are truely Rock and Dance crossed over in genius fasion

Where this album faulters, is the Jekyll and Hyde like faces of this Album. The one side is the Rocking tracks, the other are the more sombre (not slow) tracks, which sound kinda similar, Making you wonder, did they run out of ideas? I hope not, as they really are a cracking new british band.
on 27 March 2008
First of all, can I just repeat the message - if you get a chance to see them live, go! They turn up on stage looking 19, with hoodies, keyboards, guitars etc and just bring so much energy. Blew me away.

Anyway, the album is a bit of a mix. You've got nu-rave electronic mash ups like Battle Royal, We Are Rockstars and Let's Make Out, which are just great. Air meets Chemical Brothers meets Prodigy. Guitars, decks, samples, effects all over the vocals. Inventive, fresh, just exciting new music. Beating the Klaxons out of sight. And then you've got boy band pop punk tunes like Dawn of the Dead and Being Bad. It's an odd mix. An identity crisis being played out on record. Most of it is really good but the odd couple of tunes just don't fit, and are a bit lame really, imho.

I just hope that they go the hardcore route and don't sell out.

Oh, and go see them live. :)
on 14 March 2008
stupid effin name, they sound like something nathan barley would say and hence would be cool in the capital if we were 3 years prior. In spite of this comes good tunes, highly recommended, and so far not ruined by that little kid down the road who copies what i like. (this may only apply to me).
on 31 March 2013
Brought this Album because I originally downloaded it illegally when i was younger and have felt dirty ever since. It was also one of my favourite albums. Well worth a listen
on 15 July 2013
Amazing album from one of the most adventurous and imaginative groups around. Mixing ripping rock with erratic electro the songs are a collection of funny yet dark, driving yet fresh examples of what can be done if a little time and thought and skill are put in.

Cracking album
on 24 April 2008
Awesome awesome album.
Having downloaded weird science and we are rockstars some time back, i decided that Leeds Fest was the time to finally see them. They were immense. Not what i was expecting either. I get the feeling most of the people in the tent didnt know what was going on, but most loved it.
I cant get enough of high energy music (sounds naff written here), i always want to hear something that sounds like the band has loved every minute of what they were doing and put everything into it. This has it, all of it, everything!
Let's make out is my stand-out track, but it's all excellent. I quite like hadouken because they are stupid and arent ashamed of making something to fill a hole (music-wise), but they arent a patch on these guys.
As many people have already said 'This is real Nu-rave' or at least what it should be!
on 13 February 2011
Truly original. Listen for yourself. Buy it. Love it. Done deal. Keenly awaiting the new album

*The Monkeys are Coming*
on 21 March 2008
After reading various reviews, I was a little bit worried, but I' so glad I got it anyway! This is pure electro rock gold! The perfect rock version between Daft Punk and Justice. They really define Nu Rave so much more than the Klaxons or Test - Icles managed. If you like electro, or most forward moving indie bands (Foals etc) then you'll love this!
on 20 June 2009
this is a brilliant electronic rock band and the reason they called the band does it offend you is not because the think their music is offensive it is because they named it after a qoute on the office when ricky gervais said "does it offend you, my drinking ?" so before you start slagging them off, buy a penis , stick it on and go **** yourself :P
on 10 September 2015
As described and arrived on time