Customer reviews

on 1 June 2015
I agree with the earlier reviewer - after listening to samples of other performances I think Eschenbach and Frantz's recording is the best available. Prior to buying this album I bought the first one in the series for the Marches Militaires, so if you are looking for that famous piece, you'll find it there and not on this album.
on 28 December 2016
Volume one is for marching.This second volume is for dancing as well as brooding.
It includes the wonderful Fantasy D940 and the marvellous Divertissement a la Hongraise D818,(and its French counterpart D823) both moody and beautiful masterworks.
And last but not least, the Gran Duo,which preceded it chronologically, D812..So magnificent,in four movements,,it was later rewritten for symphony orchestra, (unneccessarily,in my Schubertian opinion!)
The pianists play with both sensitivity and force,illuminating the light and darkness of Schubert's final months.
on 18 August 2012
I have tried for some time to find the best versions on one recording, which is I appreciate very subjective, after borrowing records from friends and even the library I thought this one was the best, having received it and played it several times I am very happy with my purchase
on 9 October 2013
I like Schebert's piano duets and this recording is most enjoyable, The disc came as scheduled and inb good condition