on 28 March 2018
Bought these around 8 months ago and absolutely forgot I bought them
Fast forward to now, bought a few new N64 games, set it all up and plugged in the console ready to game
Getting about 30-40 large scan/interference lines on the screen that slightly 'vibrate' now and then, looks horrid
Swapped back out for my other component cables that I usually use for my Gamecube, and then it looked fantastic.
If the gamecube component cables plugged into my N64 looked great, but this plugged into my N64 looked awful, this proved to me this cable was at fault...
I may have just had a dodgy batch, or all the people reviewing might not be as lucky as me to have official Nintendo cables to compare with
Sure its a cheap product, but you get what you pay for I guess
on 31 October 2017
Struggling to tune your N64 into the analog tuner of your 4K UltraHD TV? This thing does the trick - worked first time on my PAL/UK console.

The picture isn't great though but I think/suspect this is down to the conversion of analog to digital signal on my TV rather than this cable.
on 27 October 2015
What's not to love about the prospect of getting your old school gaming console out and playing a bit of classic Mario Kart. I got very fed up with trying to tune in my HD TV with the old rf coax cable, with hours of auto tuning, no, no, no!

I bought this to give it a try, worked like a charm, took me 30 seconds to install and get playing. RF coax cable went straight in the bin!
2 people found this helpful
on 28 June 2017
Does not work . . . . . .after close inspection of the plug it seems to only have one pin inside the housing , comparing it to the plug on the original its different as the original has three ? Can I be bothered chasing for a refund , probably not , that's why some folk make loads of money when you multiply the hundreds customers who are like me , feeling rite pissssshhhhed of now , only rated the product because it want let you post otherwise ?
2 people found this helpful
on 9 March 2014
This cable is highly recommendable if you would like to play either your old n64 or gamecube consoles again. I didnt care how old my zelda ocarina of time, goldeneye and super mario 64 was, I couldn't stand not having a play of them again from time to time. I find its always great because for me, my friends and many others, its always enjoyable to come back and have a play on them, especially if you are somebody who in the nineties, you and your mates grew up with n64 and have so much positive nostalgia attached to it. If you want your n64 or gamecube to work for you again, then this scart cable will successfully fit and work with both, provided there is still life in the consoles and they turn on for you, hopefully and god willing.
on 20 November 2017
I needed an alternative to the old N64 aerial cable as I was unable to tune my HD TV so that it would recognise the picture.

This fitted perfectly and gave a clear picture. It's been brilliant to have my old N64 console out again and playing games the good old fashioned way,
on 17 July 2015
Difficult to give this an accurate star rating. The cables are good quality and they work with my GC and TV, but due to the price the picture quality is poor - The image is very very bright and washed out, making almost all of my games unplayable even with my TV on its lowest brightness settings. However, I read online this is an issue with next to every AV cable that isn't the incredibly rare and expensive official Nintendo cable. Good product aside this issue, I'd recommend an AV to HDMI cable for any serious GC gamers
on 6 February 2018
This has completely transformed the picture quality from standard aerial input. I had no idea what the extra multi out input on a snes was for till recently but what a change.
on 5 February 2015
Stay well clear! As some reviewers have mentioned, the picture produced by this cable is so bright that it renders games unplayable. I'm not an AV geek being picky, you really can't see what's going on. Whites are totally overblown and no amount of fiddling with the TV settings will improve things. I tried this cable as-is, and through a SCART adapter, with no improvement. Have ordered an original Nintendo one off eBay instead, as this cable simply doesn't work.
on 22 October 2012
I came back to my beloved N64 to find that the original A/V attachment was no longer working. Using this cable has actually turned out to be a little space-saver for me - avoiding the stubby little RF modulator and the additional cabling and RF/Antenna switches means that I can push it right back on my shelf alongside the rest of the consoles!

The quality is fine for me (in terms of some reviews stating that the display is unsatisfactory), and it looks no different than how it used to!

And so, in addition to being able to avoid RF/Antenna switches and simply plugging one end into the back of the console and the other into the TV, I still get to play all my childhood favourites! All in all, a pretty worthwhile purchase!
3 people found this helpful