• Slow

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.49

on 7 October 2003
This new offering from Ms. Minogue has well and truely split her fan base. Go on any dedicated Kylie Forum and you will read heated debates for and against her new single, "Slow". Many have heralded it as a peice of pure triumph for the petite pop diva, while others have been all too quick to trash her. But wait, hold on people. Let's take this 'slow'ly and one step at a time. Upon first listen, you would be quite expected to not care for this record. After all, it does not conform to any of the pop song conventions Kylie is famously known and loved for. It is, however a natural progression for her following the uber-stylised phase of "Fever". Yes, there were some class-A pop songs from that album and the whole concept dripped style and the ultra cool, but as a peice of music the album "Fever" didn't really stand on its own too well. One might say it was all a bit too filler and not enough killer. Well, it appears Kylie has moved away from either the killer or the filler and decided upon what appears, artistically, to be a very personal track for her. This song is slow in every way. It is a distinct grower. Unlike anything else Kylie has done before it truely elevates her to the platform of credible and serious, yet she has held onto what makes her fun - sex appeal. This song is the most naturally mature offering Kylie has made yet. Past ventures have often oozed desperation to be taken seriously and lacked clarity, often resulting in a cynicism about her from the general public. However, what few realise is that these past 'discrepancies' have all been a natural artistic process. Although not a radio friendly record, thanks to Kylie's breathy vocals, "Slow" will find you unable to fight the urge of grabbing your better half and getting on down to some seriously sensual loving (or maybe just with yourself!). This track is more erotic than "Erotica", and you would be a fool to dismiss it on first hearing. Don't be 'slow' to catch onto "Slow". It's a classic in the making.
on 14 October 2003
When I first heard 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head' I thought it sounded a step back for her. It didn't hit me at all had to grow on me over a period of time. I expected 'Slow' to have the same effect but it didn't. Infact, it hit me with a blast. More than any other song I had heard for the first time in her career. It is so wonderfully different, refreshing and has a great beat to it. Kylie's vocals suit the song perfectly. I am so pleased that she has impressed me again. I can't really think of anything bad to say about it. Buy this single and help Kylie to achieve her well deserved 7th UK number one!
on 28 October 2003
Just as Madonna's "Music" was a fresh sound, so too is her successor Kylie's "Slow." Stripped to the essential groove and beats , the song builds and drops with Kylie's amazing breathy voice left for you to focus on. This song is a true triumph and a testament to Kylie's talent. She could have very easily just released "I Can't Get You out of My Head" Pt. 2 and had another huge world-wide hit. But instead, she broke new ground and challenged her fans and the world to keep up the pace. BRAVO!! I don't think this song will be as big a hit for Kylie in America, but it sure deserves to be.
on 7 November 2003
Miss Minogue has taken another musical direction in her illustrious career. I think the best word that comes to mind for SLOW is "electronic". But it is UNMISTAKENLY Kylie Minogue and a true hit and a dance hit for the beautiful blonde!
The video on CD1 is awesome - colorful and exciting. If you like looking at bronzed beach body hotties, this video is for you! I cannot wait for BODY LANGUAGE to come out.
I am from the US and have a been a TRUE Kylie fan since the beginning of her career! Way to go Kylie! Love ya!
on 26 December 2003
Its seems that the categoric pigeonholing of a high caliber artist is the rule of the day today, and when that artist changes, goes forward, and grows, those very same who are against and maybe fearful of change resist and bark platitudes of woe and call others mindless as they look down at us.
"Slow" continues the evolution of this fine artist, and shows the rapid changes she has gone through. From 'I Should Be So Lucky" ,to the experimental period, (boy, the "indie label" top critics loved her since her sales dropped), to the Dance Era, (the same critics hated the 6+ rapid number ones- if the population loved it it must tbe bad right?), to this.
"Slow" is great, its different. The CD Singles are well worth it, and the album is also.
Buy it because YOU like it. Music is an art form, not a librarians file system. I am sure you will enjoy it. Just an opinion.
on 16 October 2003
I was quite confused 'bout this song's bad reviews. When I first read those reviews I really thought the song would be "slow and boooring", but after seeing its cool music video at kylie.com I really changed my mind. Even though I'm Kylie-fan I still can criticize music commonly. "Slow" is the one of the coolest songs I've ever heard before; it has a catchy beat and an interesting electric melody that reminds me of the beginning of GBI (German Bold Italic). I think Kylie has taken one step further in her music. She has succeeded in modernizing her genre into present time. Just listen to this sensational song's groovy melody and feel how it twists your body!
on 25 October 2003
This song has got to be the coolest little tune Kylie has given me in a long while. It is so simple it hurts. What is most fabulous about slow is her vocals. There are no voice tricks just her singing over this electronic beat that barely has a melody but it surely rocks. I hope it is not messed up by those oh so famous remixers. kylie you rock my world girl.
on 15 October 2003
Slow's a grower. It's not really the "big" comeback singe anyone would expect from Kylie after her phonomenal success with the Fever singles, but still, it is a very classy song that succeeds in pushing a few buttons and talking you into "come on and dance with me". Yeah, I wish!
on 16 November 2003
I love this single and i am not suprised it reached no.1(this is kylie's 7th no.1 single)which is pretty good!!!I am going to review track by track:
001 is slow the original version or the version that is mostly played on radio's-very good kylie 10/10
002 is the album track sweet music(taken from her album body language)Very good and funky but not as good as slow!!!! 10/10
003 is a slow remix.It's the medicine 8 remix.Excellent even though the only line used is the body language line 10/10
Overall Score-10/10!!!!
Kylie is still the best and overall,well,i'd pick this cd over cd1!!You can also get the picture disc which includes the following tracks:
001 Slow (Original mix)
002 Slow (Medicine 8 mix)
003 Slow (Radio Synth mix)
004 Slow (The Slave mix)
I can't wait for body language!!!!
on 18 November 2003
This song is definately a contradiction in terms.
It's called Slow, and it kind of is slow, but at the same time it seems to hurtle at 100 miles an hour.
It sound minimalist whilst being 'busy'.
But most impressive of all is the fact that it sounds as if it was composed on a cheap kids' keyboard while being so SEXY!!
Confusing but brilliant.