on 21 June 2017
I am very disappointed with so called luxury box set.The documentation of called hard book is a disgrace.There is more documentation in one cd Pet sound that you can buy a 2 box set that you can buy for £7.What a shame that you he blue ray DVD as as if every one had the m an to play and why an additional nor normal DVD.This is a cheap version of the Beatles Segent Pepper luxury box set.The cd are ok.Should buy this box set.Tell me why.......Whoever released such a box set should have his head examined.The record company is more interested in making money than giving value for money.No commentary on each songs although they had the material.Capitol should change the name capital.I am very disappointed buying this box set,only God knows why....
on 23 June 2017
Not really sure what the fuss was about this "so called" progressive album. I bought it because I have thousands of 60's tracks and this particular album was one that was missing. Even if you didn't like Sgt. Pepper you must realise that this is nowhere near that level of innovation, for me, it's a very ordinary album with two tracks that were hits and can be found on many other Beach Boys CDs. One confusing thing is that the CD says 14 tracks but every song is on there twice so you get 28 tracks. The difference, I think, is Stereo and Mono versions, but they all sound the same.
on 12 June 2017
How many times have I bought this album? This release has both Stereo and Mono versions so I had to have it. Mainly because every serious music collection should have a copy. I am sure my son nicked my previous CD copy, but this edition is even better so "nur, nur, nur, nur, nur, nur!"
on 24 June 2017
I have always been a fan of the Beach Boys...saw them 3 times in 60s, then when they recorded Fun,Fun,Fun, with Status Quo in 90s and finally at Hyde Park in 2001 again with SQ.....But when my daughter gave me the Platinum Collection as a xmas present couple of years back...it whetted my appetite again....I started with Dennis Wilson POB....I can't begin to describe the how it made me feel....so raw, heartfelt and pure genius, so I moved onto Pet Sounds....it brought back so many memories of my teen years...an excellent album from another genius....I also ordered BB party! uncovered and unplugged...made me laugh and cry.....now waiting for the other albums I have ordered....Now a complete Beach Boy fan!!!!
on 4 April 2017
This is an essential album for any music fan. I have had this on cd and tape for years, so when I invested in my record player a year ago, this was on my must own list. Beautiful.
on 27 May 2017
Excellent
on 9 June 2017
Every song is a joy, great album
on 21 June 2015
Best album ever made by the Beach Boys ....Buy it !
on 1 October 2015