Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Eminem Shop now Shop now

on 11 August 2017
Decided to go for this reissue despite lacklustre information about it. The embossed cover (like the proper original) is slightly more Matt than my original version and the artwork on the gatefold is slightly clearer but the same info and layout.
The record itself is heavier and plays with higher treble than the original I have. It seems to have been remastered though this is not claimed anywhere as can see on th packaging.
Such a great album, on a good record player this shines. There's no remastered download with this though and I'm disappointed the reissue has not taken advantage of the retro market by doing anything extra above what many fans will already have.
The Jazz Singer album itself is wonderful and well-produced anyway, with a good variety of songs that lifted Neil's late 70s/early 80s output and stands above that other stuff.
If you do not own this standout album, or wore out your original, then now's your chance.
I would love a proper remastered cd version though, as I like physical copies rather than hi res downloads.
4 stars merely because I think the record company could have made it feel more like the anniversary reissue they are supposedly claiming. This is one of those albums I think should be in everybody's record collection.
Finally, how come all the reviews for this as I write seem mixed up and include those for obvious pirate DVD copies of th film. The film is a different product and this soundtrack album is a 5 star perfection as far as music goes.
on 11 September 2016
Arrived through my door within 12 hours of ordering. Fantastic.
But I was not expecting to get these subtitles built into the picture!
I have sub-titles switched off, hmm, mildly annoying.
Good film though.
review image
on 30 July 2017
Its easy to forget just how good Neil Diamond is. Lovely voice, good music.
Film is a little cheesy, but as I spent time in the general area and particularly Venice Beach (where much of film took place) it has more of a impact on me.
on 29 June 2017
Unable to review this item as I need subtitles to be able to follow which this DVD does not have.
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any info regarding SDH prior to ordering?
on 1 February 2017
Brilliant cd of the soundtrack from a great film.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 September 2017
Picture quality isn't up to much - I don't know whether it never was or it's the copy I've got. The songs are brilliant though
on 10 October 2017
Don't know why I just didn't replace the vinyl with a CD years ago. Always good to listen to.
on 11 July 2017
The jazz singer is a very good to watch and very enjoyable make feel young
on 23 June 2017
this is to replace the one i had before after standing on it wonderful CD
on 30 October 2017
The man is a legend and this album tells a great story as it goes