Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tokio Myers Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Bursting Out
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 29 March 2004
I was always a big fan of this recording when I owned it on vinyl - this Tull lineup is my favourite - Barrie Barlow on drums, Martin and Ian (of course), poor old John Glasscock on bass, David Palmer and John Evans on keyboards...The songs are played well and Ian's banter gives it all a nice atmosphere. There is a range of material, from heavier tracks through to the more folk-inspired material. Having already owned the original CD I was disappointed when I listened to this new re-mastered version - it really isn't much better than the original CD - the re-mastering on Songs from the Wood and Heavy Horses was great, but this just doesn't sound up to scratch - maybe the master tapes are not that great?
If you;re a big Tull fan you have to have this CD in your collection - but if you already own it on CD, you wn't see much imoprovement in sound quality with this remastered version.
on 7 April 2017
Absolutely brilliant album, great music and banter.certainly one of their best early albums
on 13 August 2017
this is very good.
on 25 May 2017
Tull at their best.
on 17 August 2017
Good music
on 20 February 2013
Apologies to the late Terry Scott for that reference, but it was my brother than got me interested in Jethro Tull, and this was the very first album of theirs that I ever bought, back when it came out, back before CDs were invented! I did buy a CD version of this many years ago but they had chopped the running order about to fit it into the space available, so I was pleasantly surprised when I was shopping around for a copy and found this version which is exactly as I remember it from the album, just as it should be, and remastered to boot! One copy was bought as a belated present for my brother, but I had to have a copy for myself!

Recorded during the European tour that took place shortly before the release of the album Heavy Horses, this features the classic lineup of Anderson, Barre, Evan, Palmer, Glascock and Barlow and is where the balloons first became a popular show ending for the group. There's a lot of classic material, from as early as "A New Day Yesterday" and "Bouree" right up to "Heavy Horses" and "One Brown Mouse", plus a few tracks that you won't find anywhere else, all tied together by the Master of Ceremonies himself, Ian "Where's My Other Leg?" Anderson, introduced by Claude Nobs. It's still one of the best live albums I've heard and this is a great issue.
on 27 February 2004
One of my favourites, Bursting Out is now remastered. Oh, yes - now Bursting Out sounds perfect! During 1978. Jethro Tull was in zenith of career, and band sound was so pure and magnificent. Martin guitar work -fantastic, Barrie Barlow's drums - uooouh!!!Two different piano players, John Evan and David Palmer made really great wall of sound, and Ian was in really good form here- please, just listen his flute solo!
You must buy this album!
on 28 February 2004
Being a Jethro Tull fan over 30 years I am always pleased when I get a chance to replace some old vinyl. This CD is great reminder of how important Ian Anderson were to rock music in this country from the last 60's. The music ranges from the powerful guitar of Martin Barre on tracks such as the opening “No lullaby” and “Locomotive Breath” to Andersons's unique accoustic folk/rock performances on “Jack in the Green” and “Songs from the Wood”. The sense of humour and fun of the band also stands out a mile!!!
Jethro Tull are still touring and playing in front of their fans (I was at York Barbican on 18th February 2004). However, this is the band playing at their peak and is a must for any fan or anyone just wanting to know what made Jethro Tull so special and unique...!!!
on 31 January 2007
Truly, a masterpiece of showmanship, musicianship and artistry. I can listen to aqualung and the dambusters march over and over again. This album is nearly 30 years old. You can sense the energy, feel the crowd and I can imagine the expressions of the band as they join the fans in a musical tour-de-force. I was 9 years old when my older brother played this for me and now I play it for my 10 year old son. Thank you Ian Anderson, thank you Jethro Tull. Listen, and love live music!
on 14 February 2004
Recorded in 1978 when punk had probably reached its peak, “Bursting Out” shows Tull where completely oblivious to the change around them, much to the relief of the fans! “Bursting Out” is basically a live best of Jethro Tull, with the addition of a few songs from the then contemporary “Heavy Horses”. This album demonstrates that Tull were extremely professional in their approach to live music, maybe just a bit too much so for my liking. However there is not a weak track on the album and Ian and the boys are on top form. Martin Barres guitar work throughout is at worst faultless at worst and at best outstanding, none more so than on old favourites “Aqualung” and “Cross-eyed Mary”. “No Lullaby” seems like an unusual choice for an opener, but with a rocky intro tagged on at the start works very well. “Hunting Girl” and the condensed epic “Thick as a Brick” are excellent. Also worth a mention is the instrumental is the instrumental “Conundrum”, which features an amazing solo from Barrie Barlow, Tulls finest drummer. This album is superb and is a must for anyone with the slightest interest in Jethro Tull.