• Bang!

Customer reviews

Bang!
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 February 2009
I had not heard of Thunder until recently, heard the new track for the album on Planet Rock and knew I just had to hear more, it was worth it they are great.A real mix of rock and blues, and what a great vocalist, moody and sexy. Give this a try you wont regret it.
on 10 November 2008
I have been a thunder fan since day one & own everything they have ever done, I can quite honestly say that thunder have never made a bad album, & this is no exception!!! I pre ordered this album & the ep - the joy of six, that was released the same day, so that i would receive them on their release day cos couldn't wait to hear it!!! what a cracking cd, every song is excellent!! although i think all thunder songs are great i much prefer the more up beat get Danny dancing around a stage type of song! of which this album has plenty, i'm particually liking Lukes poke at the media with 'on thee radio' I just can't wait now for Danny to dance around the stage & to hear the songs performed live when i see them at wolves civic on 27th Nov!! Well done lads! the fan's will be proud of ya!!!
on 3 February 2009
I asked a friend to get me this for Christmas (well done friend!) because im a fan of Thunder and I know they are always consistent. I loved Magnificent Seventh and Rocbert Johnson's Tombstone and this is just as good. This is the one cd from Christmas that has trouble leaving my stereo - because its that good. I would recommend you buy it simply for the line in Carol Anne - ' Are you a babe or do you look like a man?' Cracks me up every time!
Britiash rock bands are a strange breed - some are great, some have given up, and some just aren't what they were. Thunder are one of few that have always been good and stay that way. Well worth buying.
on 15 April 2016
I give this 5 stars, but for a Thunder album, that is so easy to do. There is a lot of variety on this release - seems to have more "lighter" songs and acoustic stuff - which in no way detracts from the enjoyment.

A question - was Luke Morley listening to a lot of Led Zeppelin when writing this album , in fact were the whole band listening to a lot of Led Zeppelin ? More than on any other Thunder release , I hear a very definite Led Zeppelin vibe on some of the tracks.

The whole band is on fine form on this release. Has Harry ever drummed better ?
on 27 July 2010
What can I say - each new studio album is an improvement on the last. This is probably the best album I've ever had in my car. You don't have to be a Thunder fan to love this, it's accessible from the off & grows with every listen. How they've never achieved global conquest I'll never know. My only gripe is that this album is the last (at time of writing this!). When you can keep writing songs to such a high standard & playing of the highest quality why stop? Going out on a high is all well and good, but I bet there's a few albums left in these guys yet......
on 26 September 2013
Had bought the early Thunder albums but had missed most of the later ones. After buying the 'Very Best' complilation decided to update my catalogue. 'Bang' is a top notch album with all the best attributes of Thunder on show, great rock tracks and superb ballads.

Best tracks;

Heard on the radio
Carol Ann
Turn left at California.

A really good Thunder album, as good if not better than their early albums, would thoroughly recommend to any Thunder fans and anyone who like great british rock.
on 9 November 2008
Another good solid blues-based rock album from Thunder. Danny has a great voice for rock - powerful for the big rock songs, expressive for the slower, quieter ones. It's not revolutionary, but it's a lot better than many bigger name commercial rock bands that get a lot more exposure. If you've previously bought Thunder and liked it, you'll like this. If you're new to them, give it a go (or try some of the older albums, e.g. Backstreet Symphony which are a real bargain at only a few quid each).
on 26 March 2009
fantastic album as always from this great british rock band. followed this band for 20 years and this is up there with the best of their work. great songs, great guitars and of course great vocals. can't believe this will be the last album. they absolutely must come back. anyone who has never listened to thunder should be truly ashamed.
on 16 November 2008
Yet another brilliant album, from Thunder.
I have to say that their recent albums are much better than their earlier albums (although I do still love back street symphony).
Can't wait to see them on tour again, as they're fantastic live too!
on 13 November 2008
This provides a quality and depth to Luke Morley's work. I would disagree that any of the tracks are weak at all - there is great variety and a sense that the boys enjoyed making this album. I enjoyed Luke's lyrics, especially when he remarks on the frustration of missing out on BBC playlists - considering pointless songs from NickleBack seem to make the lists! I would say that, while the music is great on Stormwater, the lyrics seem to have been a second thought and are a little awkward. Nevertheless, this is a minor point and once again, the boys have managed to produce another quality album and perhaps this is a benefit from a lack of media obsession, when so many other bands 'lose the plot'. They are touring presently - so go and see them!!