Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

I don't envy the person who had to put this collection of songs together. Trying to pick the best of Steven Curtis Chapman's songs is incredibly hard. Almost every song he's done is powerful. Yet, this CD has captured some of his best work to date.
There are two new songs included in this collection. "Not Home Yet" is a reminder to keep going because Heaven is our ultimate home. "I Am Found in You" is a prayer of commitment to God because He loves and cares for us. Both of these songs add greatly to the collection.
There are some no-brainers in the list of classics. For example, this CD had to include his multi-Dove winner "The Great Adventure" as well as his wedding classic "I Will Be Here." I was especially glad to see "His Eyes," a personal favorite of mine that I've felt is under appreciated. The rest of the selections are just as good and deserve a place here. I was a little surprised at a couple of the songs that got left out, but I can't imagine what they would have replaced.
Long time fans will love having this collection of what are truly his greatest songs. They'll especially love the notes where he discusses the inspiration behind these songs. Those unfamiliar with Mr. Chapman's work will find a good introduction to his career that should wet their appetite for more. All in all, a great CD.
on 22 July 2004
Basically, this is a fantastic CD. If you have never heard it before, buy it now.
When I was coming to know the saviour at 17 years old, this album was a great source of comfort, tracks such as 'His Eyes''His Strength' and 'Hiding place' are very precious to me, they helped me to focus on doing what was right whilst I was going through difficult times.
The inlay is pretty cool also; some cracking shots of Steve and bits of testimony on how he came to write each song. Nice.
Upbeat tunes like 'Thats Paradise' and 'No better place' help to balance the Album, there is a wide variety of styles and tempos because these songs are selected from over a decades worth of material.
Stevens love for his wife is a rather special thing and 'I will be here' is great for us young hubbies (and old as well, I'm sure)! It reminds me of 'The Song of Solomon' from the Bible.
Buy it. Buy it. Buy it.
I still listen to this album loads after 4 and a half years.
Thankyou Steve!! Remain Rapturable!
on 29 January 2009
Another great Steven Curtis Chapman CD. Highly recommended.
I totally agree with the reviews by Mark Baker and P. Godfrey.
I couldn't put it better myself.
on 15 August 2010
While this product was used it arrived very quickly having come from America and was in very good condition. Good price for quality item.
on 13 March 2015