Customer reviews

Goodbye Lenin!
Format: MP3 Download|Change

on 30 May 2017
The film is Fantastic but the music is a bit disappointing.
on 21 April 2017
Arrived quickly, well packaged. Brilliant album
on 13 December 2003
I enjoyed the film immensely and the soundtrack obviously evokes part of what is a moving film touched with many comic moments as well as sadness and emmotion. The soundtrack is not what you would necessarily expect from a 2003 film set in 1989-90 as it is exclusively modern classical but actually it suits very well. Summer 78 is one of the most emmotive haunting pieces I've heard in a while. It's the sort of music you listen to when you have time and piece to relax and enjoy. When it's raining outside on a Sunday afternoon would be my tip.
on 6 March 2004
Yann Tiersen's soundtrack is a perfect accompaniment to the film Good Bye, Lenin!, but also stands as a piece of music on its own. I was not previously familiar with his work but would heartily recommend it. You will like this particularly if you like post-minimalist music like Philip Glass and Michael Nyman (in particular some passages are reminiscent of The Draughtsman's Contract). After listening closely it seems almost the entire work is derived from one single theme, but with infinite variety in mood and instrumentation.
on 23 September 2003
In the film Good Bye Lenin, considered to be one of the best German comedies ever made [yes there is such a thing as a German comedy], the music plays adds considerably to the films atmosphere.
The CD contains most of the music from the film [with the exception of pieces such as the Sandman theme] including the fine piano duets and instrumental backgrounds making it a must for people who enjoyed the film.
on 30 January 2011
I am not actually sure why it took me so long to buy this soundtrack. I went to see the film at the cinema when it first came out in Germany, and fell in love with it and the music. I have owned the DVD since its release, so I have no idea why I didn't buy the cd!

However, I have now corrected that fault and it has been the soundtrack of my daily commute for the past couple of weeks. Every single track works, fitting in perfectly with the corresponding scene in film. Listening to it in isolation takes you right back to the film playing in your head. I heartily recommend it :D
on 13 April 2012
The cd of Good Bye Lenin has two versions. One with 18 tracks and one with 23 tracks. I ordered the one with 23 tracks and got the one with 18 tracks.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 October 2012
This CD is a must for any Yann Tiersen's fans. It has some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard.