• Dare!
  • Customer reviews

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 15 June 2017
Highly enjoyable synth pop LP from 1981 featuring no fewer than 4 great singles :- 'Open Your Heart', 'The Sound Of The Crowd', 'Love Action' and the insanely catchy No 1 smash 'Don't You Want Me'. Of the remaining 6 tracks, 'I Am The Law' is an unusually stately song which segues cleverly into the bouncy 'Seconds' whilst 'Darkness' is a very classy outing as well. Well worth investing in here I would say.
on 26 August 2017
I love DARE to death. So many great songs on one album, sounds incredible, but it's true. As pioneers of the New Wave/New Romantic movement back in the early 1980's, The Human League achieved cult status before anyone could say Jack Robinson. Their unique image, combined with great vocals and well-crafted pop, propelled them instantly to the top of the charts. If you're hesitating to purchase this gem, don't, as it will give you a lifetime of listening pleasure. I know that there are other versions of this classic out there with remixes and whatnot, but I recommend sticking to the original album, it's the real McCoy, and in my mind, still the best version. It has been remastered and sounds absolutely crystal clear.
on 30 May 2017
This is a really good album the first record I ever bought as a child was the DARE album and have never been disappointed with there music.
on 3 June 2017
A great album from the early 80's, I used to have this on vinyl and wanted a copy of it on cd to add to my collection. For anyone into 80's synth
music, this is a must.
on 10 April 2017
This is one of my favourite 80's band dare is one of their finest albums during the early 1980's Don't you want me, and love action are one of that decade classic singles I love this record very much.
on 21 December 2017
The product arrived on time.
Was well packaged and as expected.
I have been listening to the CD in the car and have been enjoying it !!!!
on 16 February 2018
Loved this album when It was first released still great now great pop album .if you want an introduction to 80s music look no further also hysteria which is also with Amazon is another good human league album
on 18 February 2014
The five stars is for the seller who I have purchased from several times and are brilliant. The vinyl record however is possibly the worst modern vinyl release I've heard in terms of the pressing quality. It was very noisy on side b and generally sounds flat, lifeless and totally lo fi. Nothing like the mfsl vinyl of yazoo or yaz upstairs at erics which sounds awsome as modern vinyl should. I have an original copy of dare which blows the new one away in every respect. Luckily the seller refunded me in full.
on 20 November 2017
Great albul from my youth when I used to work in a cocktail bar - She didn't want me baby.
on 1 May 2016
wife said just as good as she remembers from her "ROMANTIC" period,wonder what happened!