on 17 October 2017
I hadn't realised how long I'd had this album (12 years) but I still really like it and end up listening quite often. At the time it was a risk based on one song but there's a good mix of upbeat and thoughtful songs with fun and clever lyrics. Black Horse And The Cherry Tree is such a good track.
on 5 June 2005
(I thought I'd get the cheesy headline in before some music industry media hack!)
If you expect an analytical treatise either classifying or comparing this music with any other - go to someone else's review! If you're interested in my gut reaction to this work and K T Tunstall - please read on.
Before I knew who she was, I heard a live acoustic studio rendition of "Miniature Disasters" on Radio 2, when I tuned in, driving home from work. I thought, "that wasn't half bad, - I wonder who she is?". I stayed tuned. An interview followed and my admiration grew for an unassuming, bright, intelligent, articulate, seemingly down-to earth, mature young woman. A further live acoustic number, "Black Horse and a Cherry Tree" followed and I was hooked.......totally. I had to wait until I logged on later that evening to discover that "Katy" Tunstall was "K T Tunstall". I (very) rarely take the trouble to try to remember the name of new artists I hear - the last being Maroon 5 - but I think this girl is terrific. Today, I just heard "Suddenly I See" played by Lulu in her Sunday afternoon show on Radio 2, so there's clearly recognition by others in "the business" that KT has some kind of talent. I hope the listening public agree. As somebody already said - "K T rocks!"
VINE VOICEon 1 September 2005
Best pop album i've bought recently (on spec). I didn't expect such a rewarding experience but months later i'm still listening and enjoying KT's take on pop music that is fresh and new and yet timeless and doesn't patronise the listener. There are lots of contemporary influences (eg Oasis) but KT's voice is amazingly versatile from Melua-like naive to rough edged Bonnie Tyler(?) and her songs are really well crafted with unusual key changes, bridges and codas which are refreshingly interesting. Standout catchy pop songs and deserved hits Cherry Tree, Suddenly I See and Other Side are very singalongable, my own favourites are the lovely Heal Over and raunchier Another Place to Fall. Plus,lyrics that don't insult the intelligence. Can't wait for KT's next record.
on 6 December 2015
Only one track I am not keen on. The rest is great.

I was very surprised how many of her hits were on this CD. Her style is constant throughout. Genuinely interested in hearing some of her other albums with a prospect to buying them
on 23 February 2016
Caught KT on the radio many years ago on a busy commuting route but never heard the whole album. This one doesn't disappoint and is soundtrack to a student lodger's spaghetti bolognese creation. Each track a new dish for waiting guests
on 10 January 2005
KT is a fantastic new singer songwriter with a distinctive style. This album is full of ideas and wit, the words need to be listened to, to appreciate how she has matched the music to the sentiments so well. Not easy to categorise, but easy to enjoy.
This is not the sort of music that storms the charts (it's too laid back and intelligent) so go out and buy it. We need people like KT in our lives.
Recieved today
With thanks
Regards peter58 home
on 14 November 2017
Top form
on 2 May 2016
Love it!!' takes me right back.
Good memories!
Speedy delivery service Thankyou!
on 21 February 2013
How I could have missed K T Tunstall when this recording was new is a mystery to me. Suddenly I see is a song that could have been a world nr. 1. But I accidently found the song on songpop (Facebook) and I am very happy I have the cd now.