Showing 1-10 of 37 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on 30 June 2009
I purchased the Ozbozz scooter last week for my sons 3rd Birthday because he has a big scooter but has balance issues so thought a smaller one would be better and this one has four wheels which can be reduced to three then two. Whilst it is totally adjustable wheel wise it's not adjustable in any other way so would do from about 18 months to 4 or 5 if you have a sall child due to the footplate and handle being quite short.

On paper this thing looks great it has adjustable wheels to suit your growing child, folds compact(ish), a bit different from the silver ones you see everywhere and it looks a lot sturdier than some.

Yesterday when I recieved it I took it from the box to build it, this was hard work because the parts don't seem to fit together properly. The instructions are difficult to use as it is literally just one picture showing you where to put bolts, nuts and screws no numbers to show you which to do first or even a step by step guide. Personally I think that is a bit shocking.

The wheels were easy enough to get on, although be warned they are greased so you may get greasy hands, but the pole that you attach the handle too is a painto use it has a sticker round it to say where the minimum insert is this is about 4 inches up the handle but we could only get it in about 1.5inches before it jammed in and will not budge either way. I called Ozbozz to get told it would be fine as long as I secure the bolt round it which is also a pain to get on and as the handle was jammed in aslong as it was'nt wobbling it is safe to use and I have to say I am glad that the handle did'nt go all the way down to the minimum line because the handle is the perfect height for my 3YO so I would'nt bother worrying about that TBH it's safe enough.

Sorry just thought I'd give a headsup about that! It took me 40 minutes to assemble this because of the faffing but in the end it does make a stable and very cute scooter which both myself and my son love! He has been riding around with the 4 wheels like he is a racer and has'nt fallen once.

I would recommend this scooter as a whole I just wish it came with better instructions and easier to build as it really is fab when it's up and running. Great for the money and seems sturdy enough.
22 comments| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 March 2012
This scooter is only 'okay' as far as I'm concerned. We bought it for our little boy who is now nearly 4. He had it from 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 and went on it every day but he really didn't like it and neither did we. It's so heavy that it makes it really slow and the steering isn't particularly great either. He wasn't able to keep up with the other kids who past him even when he was going as fast as he could. We upgraded to a Mooki mini (red & black) which my boy calls his 'really fast scooter' and he was able to steer it and zoom about as soon as he went on it. I feel that was a sure sign that the Ozbozz one was pretty limited in its abilities. Think of the old style roller skates that we used to have back in the 80s - you know the metal ones that you strapped to your feet? And then think of how amazing skates felt when you moved onto rollerboots...that's the type of difference I'm talking about here. There's nothing wrong with this scooter, per se. It's just that there are more things that are 'right' with a more expensive, more sleek model...
on 28 June 2016
Good scooter. The front handle was a nightmare to fit and on the first full go outside it just came out! Not safe if son was going at a faster speed. Husband tightened it again and it seems fine now so fingers crossed. I would recommend the scooter but beware that putting it together is a bit bitsy and there is no instruction that the bubble on the side is a spring based thing that needs to be pulled so the handle can pop up in the first place. I nearly unscrewed the thing..
on 28 April 2010
We got 'My first scooter' for our son for his 2nd birthday. The product is described as being suitable for 2yrs+, however we are quite disappointed with the product for this age because it is so heavy for a little boy, and the height of the handle bars is so high it makes it difficult for a 2-3yr old to steer. Our son is very tall for his age and even at 2.5yrs, still unable to use it properly, whereas he has had no problems with his friends mini micro scooter. We hope it will come in when he's older, but would not recommend this product for 2-3yr olds.
on 20 July 2016
Bought for our 2 year old sons birthday but he can't yet work it. Hoping he will get more use out of it as he gets older. At the moment we push him on it but it doesn't maintain his interest. Very sturdy, nice design. Foot stand probably a bit short but my son is a big boy with size 9 feet.
on 5 January 2016
I bought his scooter early in preparation for Christmas. Unfortunately on Christmas Day after we put it together and on our first outing the screw / nut snapped and the wheels fell off. We could fix this as we used one of the older 2 wheel nuts as a replacement. We have since had the little metal bit that you put the scooter down with fall off. To be honest I'd be returning it if I hadn't bought it at the end of September. I'd probably buy something else, this sadly isn't reliable.
on 18 December 2014
The scooter is clever as it folds up and will grow with the child as you can change wheel combinations. However it's not a great first scooter as the steering column turns (which is great as they grow!) but for a child learning to scoot it means they can shoot off at random directions. Considering buying a different make until my son (currently 2.5) is a bit older.
on 27 May 2011
I bought this scooter for my 2 year olds birthday; she can use her friend's micro scooters but I liked the way that you can change the wheels on this one and it folds up. Unfortunately, it is quite clunky and heavy, perhaps because of the folding mechanism, and does not seem as light and easy to use as the micro scooter. It is quite difficult to steer, and the board for your feet is really small, even for a 2 year old to get them both on. I will probably end up buying her a micro scooter as well, and wish I had done that in the first place really!
on 25 April 2015
We bought this for my nephew who lives abroad. My husband took it with him. When he went to assemble it he discovered there were no screws in the box! So can't yet comment on how it is until he gets the screws'
on 25 October 2011
I bought this for my 2 and a half year old son, who can't really use it that well, but still likes to play with it in his own way! It's very sturdy and I expect it to last a long while, and it's great value for money. The only downside for me was putting it together, my husband had to take over in the end and he still struggled a little bit.