• Customer reviews

on 15 July 2015
These are fabulous. This system allows you to stagger when you start your sprouting. You can just have the one tier out or use all 3. I've found that by starting the seeds going every other day I always have a tub in the fridge and always have trays on the go. The little dimples do go a tad brown (no matter how hard you scrub) but it doesn't affect the units function. I've been using mine for years, it is always out of the side, and I'm so pleased with them that I have purchased them for friends. This is the best system I have tried
8 people found this helpful
on 28 July 2017
Just arrived and on the outset it is a great product. Well packaged, well made, sturdy and easy to use. my one issue is the drainage system. There is a drainage tube and in my opinion it is far to long and doesn't work as well as having small holes in the bottom would.
I understand that the company does make a Mini Greenhouse which allows each level to be watered by the top level and if I had seen that one before buying this I would have bought that one.
After doing more research there are simple ways that are cheap to make your own system and I will probably do that in future.
But for a small easy to use system this one isn't too bad.
on 13 February 2017
I had no success trying to spout seeds in a jar they ended up down the drain and stinking. This grower turned that experience on its head and do easy to use. The seeds go in the trays and the water is filtered through to soak them then you dispose of the water from the bottom tray (it takes minutes for it to pass through) replacing it with fresh in the bottom tray. After a day and a half my seeds are sprouting evenly. The sprouter came with a spare valve cover. Delivery was prompt and the packaging was sensible.
One person found this helpful
on 22 June 2015
A nice, clean looking device, but spoilt by the drainage system - which has an overflow tube set so high as to not allow water to properly drain - and the grooves in the base of each tier - into which small seeds are simple trapped, and become really difficult to shift.

I've spent the money now, so I'm planning to solve the first problem by drilling some small holes in the bottom of each tier, but I'll just have to buy a very small, very stiff brush to clear the tiers out containing the very small, finer seeds.
4 people found this helpful
on 5 April 2016
Last container is white. Not green. I like green so I'm bit disappointed :)
But it is working well. On beginning I thought it's rubbish... that water is not flow... but It's not true... All is good! And working well. You have to put more water. Over red siphons. And wait around 10 minutes. And water is flowing without problems! IT IS GOOD. IT'S WORKING. And the price is not bad. I'm happy. Apart of colour of course :)
on 8 February 2017
Seeds get stuck in it which makes it a bit of a chore to clean. The water doesn't always drain fully, leaving some of the sections flooded - which totally defeats the point of buying such a thing, it also looks like it has a green bottom section in the photo but it's not. Rather disappointed really as it's not cheap, I would have purchased the jars if I had known
on 8 October 2013
Besides arriving with a cracked lid, which I contribute to post office handling and less-than-optimal packaging I am happy with the functionality and capacity of this little handy germinator. It arrived several days before I expected it and it comes with a little bag of mung beans which are succesfully germinating so far. It comes with good instructions in several languages. I give it 3 stars because the draining system could be more efficient. At this price range I don't think you can go wrong investing in this nice little germinator. If you eat a lot of sprouts I would recommend 2 or 3 of these.
One person found this helpful
on 25 April 2018
I purchased this primarily for sprouting broccoli seeds. Drainage is very important for broccoli seeds but unfortunately this sprouter does not drain very efficiently at all. I find I have to manually tip excess water from each tray or the broccoli seeds start to stagnate and smell really bad. It’s OK but there must be better sprouters out there better suited for broccoli seeds, like perhaps the mason jar sprouters.
on 8 October 2015
It does work! Two days in and I have a forest of sprouts already however don't bother with Alfafa: buy the Vogel glass jars for Alfafa, the only way it worked for me. Otherwise for bigger seeds this large plastic triple tray is great but remember to water then empty the water for each tray independently
on 24 November 2015
The item has a design fault whereby the item doesn't drain properly making the crop rot.
I tried to contact the seller who was very unhelpful and asked me to contact the manufacturer based over seas.
How convenient?
Beware do not buy this product
3 people found this helpful