Customer reviews

Price:£4.99

on 3 June 2017
RW just as good as ever
on 11 April 2000
OK, so he's arrogant, a little bit up-himself and has an ego bigger than Brit Award collection but Robbie Williams is a musical legend...well, perhaps not yet, but he WILL be. I don't have "Life Thru A Lens" but if it is half as good as "I've been expecting you" then Robbie's done well. There are many albums nowadays that have two good songs (usually the single releases) and the rest are dissapointing and repetitive. This album is different and in my opinion Millenium and No Regrets are probably the worst two songs on it. Karma Killer is ROCKIN' and with songs like Phoenix from the Flames, Win Some Lose Some and the beautiful Heaven From Here, this album is one of the best I have ever heard. Enjoy...
on 7 March 2000
Robbie's second album I've Been Expecting You is at least as good as any album I've ever heard, including Life Thru A Lens. Ballads like the excellent She's The One and angst ridden tracks like Strong all show what a genius Robbie is and how much he has come on since his days with Take That. Robbie is currently working on his third album, a must for every music fan I hear.
on 22 December 1999
Being from the US, my first introduction to Rob was "Millennium" and I immediately bought "The Ego Has Landed". It's the first CD I've owned in 5 yrs where I can listen to every single track w/o the need to skip any. Therefore, when I found out the songs were a compilation of 2 other albums, I knew I had to have them, and I wasn't disappointed. His first album is a classic; some of my favorite songs aren't even on 'Ego'. However, here he has mangaged to escape the sophomore curse by producing a CD that surpasss his first. Not only has his voice matured, but his writing is phenomenal! The clincher, is the fact that Robbie has managed to satiate musical schizophrenics like myself who often find themselves listening to every genre of music available today. "Millennium" offers pure pop served on a hip-hop beat; "Grace" obviousy showcases his rat pack influence, "No Regrets" is simply a melancholy masterpiece; "Karma Killer" totally rocks out; "Strong" pure guitar pop, "Jesus in a Camper Van", (although not too critically acclaimed, is one of my favorites)is the meeting of folk and hip-hop; and "Phoenix from the Flames" is one of the most uplifting mission statements I've ever heard. But, in my opinion, the singular thing that catapults this CD, as well as Robbie, into a class all its own, is the fact that he can bring all these genres of music together and create a sound that's uniquely Robbie, instead of a night at the karaoke bar.
on 29 March 2000
This is another excellent album from Robbie Williams, not quite as good as Life Thru A Lens imho but coming pretty close. The singles are great songs - from Millennium to my personal favourite She's The One - but the quality of the other tracks is what makes this album great. If you like any of his work, then you'll like this album because he maintains brilliant quality throughout.
on 14 December 1999
Coming from his first album which I have to admit had a couple of the best songs I've ever heard, I knew that Robbie would really have his work cut out for him in even trying to equal its success. but with songs like 'Strong', 'Millenium' and 'Win some, lose some' Robbie definitely shows that he can keep on churning out the brilliance.
Some undoubtedly excellent pieces of music and I can't wait for his next album, well done Robbie.
on 16 July 2013
Ahh Robbie! What fabulous memories this brings back from when I originally bought this album...on cassette!!! I love each track and it hasn't lost any of its appeal over the years. If you're a Robbie Williams fan this has to be part of your collection. 'Jesus in a camper van' always puts me in a great mood. 10 out of 10.
on 2 January 2000
A rare album in which every single track is as excellent as the previous. You'll find it extremely difficult picking out a favourite among favourites.
on 1 December 2013
100% satisfied excellent CD

Well done Robbie another happy fan

you have always had the X Factor

on 10 June 2012
Robbie old style which is just as good as Robbie new style. Not a bad track on the album which I will play until it's worn out.