on 20 June 2009
This a most beautiful recording of the Creation. It is excellently sung by Harper. Shirley-Quirk and Tear, supported by the Academy of St Martin-in-the Fields. Missa in tempore belli is also perfectly sung. The English Chamber Orchestra, Sir David Willcocks and the Choir of Kings College Cambridge, make an excellent team. For me personally, it is a joy to own.
on 5 September 2009
A superb version of the "Creation" with exceptional soloists who have more than stood the test of time and proved that you do not need to buy more recent versions to get quality.
on 29 October 2010
This is a fine recording, featuring great "Oratorio" voices of the time-- in partiular Heather Harper and

John Shirley- Quirk. I remember seeing these two fine Artists at the Royal Albert Hall, in other works.

It`s only my humble opinion, but, I think this is one of HAYDN`S finest works. So it goes without saying,

that this wonderful music has given pleasure to millions throught the years. There is some mystery

surrounding the original English Text, and sometimes English dosn`t translate well from the original

language itself; but whoever produced the text, on the whole, it is pretty good.
on 26 February 2013
The soloista, choral groups and orchestras on this 2-CD set are superb, with accompanying notes giving full details of the background to the compositions.
The CDs make me glad that I live in an age where such music has become available to evereyone.
At Amazon's amazingly lowe price, TREASURE the MUSIC and the INGENUITY OF THE ENGINEERS who made it possible for ALL to enjoy it.
on 22 May 2016
Old recording so sound is not as good as we would have liked , and it took a little time to get to us , but there was no hurry anyway
Perhaps I did not read the reviews as I should , so probablymy fault
on 12 September 2012
I bought this as my choir was singing the creation in concert, and other than getting the whole choir over to my place every evening it was a bit tricky trying to practice.

The sound quality is great. My only complaint would be that there are a few tracks on the end that aren't Haydn's creation and to start with I thought perhaps I was missing a few pages from my score!
on 4 February 2013
A treat to listen to this production, under Sir David's direction, is every bit the best I have heard. A pleasure to play.
on 7 September 2013
Fantastic recording. All the old singers didn't fail in their performance. Excellent sound quality. Highly recommend it. I have listened to it just once and was very impressed.
on 10 February 2012
CD good quality recording
Thank goodness it is in English!
Great for following the score in practice for concerts and noting the tricky bits!
on 28 August 2014