on 31 May 2018
I ordered the vinyl new, and as you can see in the picture attached, the cover the vinyl's are in are damaged. If you look at the sleeve from the A side (and C side as this was a problem with both sleeves), the hole is on the right side of the sleeve(s). I'm not impressed with the condition this product came in as it was a birthday present for a friend of mine and it arrived like it had been bashed around carelessly. It's damage you expect to see on a well used, owned vinyl, not one that is brand new. I'd also like to point out, that the picture above shows the actual vinyl sticking out of the hole. I haven't played the vinyl yet, so let's see if that's damaged too.
The top of the outer sleeve is also damaged, the print also appears to be rubbed off? Again, like something you'd see on a well used owned vinyl.
I'm not impressed with the condition this product has arrived in, as I've bought many vinyl's from amazon and all have come looking pristine and worked perfectly, as expected of a new vinyl.
review imagereview imagereview image
on 16 February 2013
Homework is a great album, i will admit that couple of tracks are slow to start and might annoy a few people, however once the songs get into their main rhythm and the 'meat' of the songs, they are very enjoyable and being a fan of daft punk, i can barely fault the album, however, what i will say (and i'll possibly be disliked for this) out of Homework and Discovery, Homework might not be to everyone's tastes and so i'd say this is more of a 'personal CD' and Discovery a 'Party CD' however i'll be reviewing that in a second as well, but overall, i LOVE Homework (the album, not actual homework, that kinda sucks) and would say, before buying it, try to find a track of it online and listen to it before making a purchase
One person found this helpful
on 25 May 2013
I first bought this on cassette when it was originally released, and continue to listen to it regularly today. I expect I always will. Daft Punk are an example of actual musical genius. This is them before commercial pressure and mainstream popularity came beckoning. A wonderful mix of pop and hardcore techno.
on 5 March 2018
A good album as expected.
on 12 May 2014
Because of that the music keep skipping all the time.I thought i was the first one and amazon would have fixed it by now by talking to the people doing this album but I just read a review from 2013 mentioning it...
it is very frustrating since they send it to me twice now.
I hope someone from amazon will look into this so they can stop sending poor quality vinyls..
Merci.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 22 September 2017
good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 22 October 2015
Bought to replace older formats of the same album in my collection - it was always going to get 5 stars!!
on 4 February 2016
Enjoyed the album, this was something new for me, and got me interested in what was for me, anew band.
on 12 June 2014
This must have been so fresh in the 90s. It is still a brilliant album. Around the World is the standout track for me but every single one of them is laden with talent.
on 23 May 2015
Can't fault this album, it's great. The only quibble I could ever have with it is that the pressing that Amazon sell isn't all that great, side A skips on the copy I got, and skips in the same place on the replacement. Haven't tried any other pressings so not sure if it's just the one Amazon stocks. Classic album, however.