Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 25 September 2001
It was really good to get this CD with some of Davids' really early songs like On and On, Bring in the Sun and For Emily,Wherever I May Find Her. I was still at school when these were on record and could not afford to buy it, so I had to listen to my sisters copy. Now I have my own, and I am so glad that I have. I feel sure that anyone who loves music will love this CD.
on 9 August 2007
Absolute quality compilation of Mr Essex from the 70s part of his lengthy career. The first five tracks (Hold Me Close, Rock On, Gonna Make You A Star, If I Could & Lamplight) are worth the money themselves - but you get another eleven quality tracks on top of that.
This is just a really thoroughly entertaining compilation. This CD really is top drawer entertainment, & for me, this compilation showcases Dave at the top of his game & 70s fame - Good fun on a bargain priced CD,every track is a treat - almost essential !!
on 2 June 2009
When David Essex sang 'Gonna Make You A Star', he knew what he was talking about because he'd already been there. And 'The Best Of David Essex' showcases his star quality to perfection, delivering all of his smash hits from the seventies, including 'Hold Me Close', 'Rolling Stone' and the classic 'Rock On'. A superstar from a golden era of pop.
on 22 March 2013
Oh how wonderful to go back to the seventies for just a few hours. Life was wonderful back when I was 30 something. While I wouldn't want to relive my life and I am happy in the present, it's lovely to play this CD and remember what I was doing while listening way back then.
on 17 December 2016
Because he was a pretty face teen idol, Essex was never really taken that seriously by critics. However, records don't come more radical than 'Rock on' and the weird quirkiness of 'Lamplight' still thrills today. 'Gonna Make you a star' was a wry insight into the star making music industry and 'Stardust' was minimal and like 'Rock on', quite strange. He went less musically adventurous the more successful he became and got lost to middle of the road pop, but he remains one of the more interesting teen idols of the early 70s and I think his first five or so singles still stand out as bold experiments for pop at the time.
on 23 September 2015
This CD has a combination of old and new songs most of the songs are from David's early years, such as coming home and rolling stone, David has now been going for a good many years but is just as popular now as he ever was, a very good cd
on 5 December 2013
There are loads of David Essex's best known songs on this cd, the ever popular Hold Me Close, Rock On, Gonna Make You A Star and Stardust, plus many more.
With his raspy, throaty voice of heaven, David Essex sings his way through 16 amazing songs, proving why he was such a pop idol, but he is Oh So Much More Than a Pretty Face, writing 13 of the songs on offer.
If you know at least one of these songs and enjoy it, then you'll love this cd.
on 27 November 2012
My wife is the David Essex fan but I was surprised how much I enjoyed this collection .My fav's are Rock on , lamplight and America.
on 30 June 2014
A little disappointed with these tracks got the download after buying the cd
Only a few of what I would call his best
However as a long time fan I shall keep playing
on 3 July 2013
I had forgotten how good David Essex was. I listened to this with a whole different slant. Price is great. Download easy peasy. Well done amazon