Customer reviews

Colour: Almond|Size: 27 cm|Change

on 21 July 2017
Just wonderful. I've used it twice so far. Lamb loin steaks in the bottom with veg piled high . Today, chops on the bottom, casserole veg on the top. I saw a tip from Staub which was....Once everything is slowly simmering, fill the little funnel thing on the top with cold water. Once that is evaporated, your meal is ready.
My only, tiny regret is that I didn't get the bigger one. This is plenty for two or three with hearty portions, but with the bigger one you could freeze portions for another day. With careful handling of the pot bit this should last a very long time. Very easy clean up too. I don't put it in the dishwasher as it just soaks and kitchen towels dry.
Fantastic next day delivery from Amazon too.
on 3 August 2015
High-quality, spacious tajine. The cast-iron bottom makes it a bit more resistant for frying parts of the meal, if you wish to do so (I usually don't). One word of caution: most tajines have small opening at the top, through which part of the cooking liquid evaporates. This one however does no have such a opening, so more liquid re-enters the tajine and smaller amounts of cooking liquid are needed.
on 18 July 2017
Looks great, and first dishes cooked voted a success!
on 27 June 2017
Absolutely brilliant. Very wide, perfect for 4 or 5 people
on 14 May 2017
I love this tagine. I use it to make so many dishes as well as tagine e.g. Asian curries, roast chicken, rice. Worth every penny. The new design is much more deeper than the older one so can cook larger amounts.
on 28 May 2017
A great way to slow cook
on 21 January 2016
Worth every penny. Don't forget, a tagine should not be used in an oven. If you could then it's known as a casserole dish!!! The idea of a tagine is that it cooks very slowly on a hob thus leaving the ceramic top a lot cooler. The condensation and flavours thus permeate round to create the tenderness and flavours. I love this item and cannot praise the design highly enough. The originals were meant to have the base sunken into the camp fire leaving the top to the elements. If you want buy one to put in the oven then you are very misconceived!! Great product and worth the money.
on 17 July 2011
a fantastic amazing cooking pot - I seem to use only this for everything nowadays - cooks at super low heats and food remeins succulent & tasty ! does not break like terracotta ones can and needs no heat diffuser.
on 2 August 2010
This is a nice, but overpriced product. Still, it sells through Amazon.co.uk at a price that is lower (including shipping) than any web store I could find in Spain, where I live.

The bad part, though, is that Le Creuset will not let you buy a replacement for the lid. Mine broke (accidentally) during the second day of usage (fell to the floor). Le Creuset's customer service says that you cannot purchase a new lid separately, but need to buy a whole new set.

The cast iron part is practically unbreakable, and probably accounts for at least two thirds of the price. I cannot see one good reason (other than lack of customer friendliness) why a lid cannot be replaced separately. Le Creuset gave no reason for this policy.
77 Comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 February 2014
My wife is a great lover of Tagine cooking, our family know this and twice she has been presented with one for a birthday present. On both occasions they failed. Either they lacked any practical capacity or being of ceramic construction they both very quickly went the way of all pottery on a stove!

I am an ex chef myself and know very well that only good tools deliver and last. Thus I decided to take the plunge and purchase what might appear at first site to be a very expensive alternative. So much so that my wife hit the roof and couldn't stop complaining about my apparent profligacy.

It is true that we are not in the habit of throwing that kind of cash at one pot but I can assure you she has now come full circle. She loves the Tagine more than any other pot in the house, we cook every imaginable dish in it (not just Tagine recipes) and because of it's design the dish cooks slowly with no apparent loss of liquid and the results are tender meat and very tasty veg.

You can't beat slow cooking and you can't beat a Tagine as the tool for job and this tool, built like a tank will last you a lifetime. I couldn't possibly give it less than five stars.