Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion

Colour: Cerise|Size: 27 cm|Change

on 2 August 2010
This is a nice, but overpriced product. Still, it sells through Amazon.co.uk at a price that is lower (including shipping) than any web store I could find in Spain, where I live.

The bad part, though, is that Le Creuset will not let you buy a replacement for the lid. Mine broke (accidentally) during the second day of usage (fell to the floor). Le Creuset's customer service says that you cannot purchase a new lid separately, but need to buy a whole new set.

The cast iron part is practically unbreakable, and probably accounts for at least two thirds of the price. I cannot see one good reason (other than lack of customer friendliness) why a lid cannot be replaced separately. Le Creuset gave no reason for this policy.
55 comments| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
My husband nearly had a fit when I asked him to purchase a cooking pot that cost over £100! He said it had better be worth it! I can happily say it is! I researched these cooking tagines for a long time before deciding to buy this one. I have read reviews where the lid or base of cheaper decorative tagines crack after a while - something that I didn't want for myself.

This tagine looks lovely. The meals I have cooked have been out of these world in terms of taste - beautiful succulent lamb and chickpea tagine is my favorite. The recipe booklet included with the pot is very useful too. I have definitely been inspired to make more meals with love and care. I use this pot to cook all my curries in, I find you need less liquid than normal as the liquid doesn't really evaporate.

The base and lid is a doddle to clean and the pot takes pride of place on my cooker.
on 20 February 2014
My wife is a great lover of Tagine cooking, our family know this and twice she has been presented with one for a birthday present. On both occasions they failed. Either they lacked any practical capacity or being of ceramic construction they both very quickly went the way of all pottery on a stove!

I am an ex chef myself and know very well that only good tools deliver and last. Thus I decided to take the plunge and purchase what might appear at first site to be a very expensive alternative. So much so that my wife hit the roof and couldn't stop complaining about my apparent profligacy.

It is true that we are not in the habit of throwing that kind of cash at one pot but I can assure you she has now come full circle. She loves the Tagine more than any other pot in the house, we cook every imaginable dish in it (not just Tagine recipes) and because of it's design the dish cooks slowly with no apparent loss of liquid and the results are tender meat and very tasty veg.

You can't beat slow cooking and you can't beat a Tagine as the tool for job and this tool, built like a tank will last you a lifetime. I couldn't possibly give it less than five stars.
on 17 July 2011
a fantastic amazing cooking pot - I seem to use only this for everything nowadays - cooks at super low heats and food remeins succulent & tasty ! does not break like terracotta ones can and needs no heat diffuser.
on 5 March 2012
As expensive as this tagine may seem, it is worth every penny... the cast iron base is so easy to cook in, the meat does not stick and the cleaning is effortless...! I think my main worry is the lid, just have to keep on reminding myself to be very gentle with it, as it is made of different, more fragile material than the base...
on 3 February 2010
The great thing about this tagine is that you can use the cast iron base (with lifetime guarantee) for other cooking uses and you can use it on any hob or put the whole tagine in the oven. Tagines are designed for slow, low temperature cooking with very little liquid. Electric slow cookers produce stews but a tagine produces a meal with a controllable moisture content and retains a full flavour - you can add more liquid, or quick cook vegetables like okra, close to the end if you wish. The slow cooking lets you use cheap cuts of meat and if your guests are late arriving then another half hour cooking makes no difference to the dish. The downside is that the cooking smells are too nice! After using traditional tagine recipes I realised that it is perfect for Indian cooking as well. Any dish using spice mixes benefits from the tagine moisture recirculation concept but don't use ready made sauces do it from scratch. The 2.1 litre version will do four large portions or six smaller ones with the practical limit being about 1 kilo of meat. It's a great buy.
on 4 April 2013
This is the ultimate in tagines. A tad expensive but well worth it. I use it to cook virtually everytihng and have even stopped using all my saucepans. Only down side is my gas hob only has 1 of its 4 rings that can truely simmer so you need a heat disperser to cook the food slowly enough.
on 26 February 2011
Have used this more than I thought I would, but don't make the mistake I made use as little liquid as possible the condensation produced under a slow low heat is more than sufficient to produce succulent meals. My first attempts were spolit by too much moisture.
I've found I can now make really great lamb and chicken meals by just preparing the whole meal, vegetables as well, and putting the Tangine on a low heat and letting it cook slowly.
Yes, it's pricey, but what piece of le Creuset isn't. It's made well and should last.
on 17 February 2012
I wanted this tagine in teal and it was not easily available in the US. So I ordered through Amazon UK. It arrived quickly and I've made 4 or 5 very delicious meals in it. I needed to buy a diffuser for my gas stove to reduce the simmering temp. I am particularly pleased with the easy cleanup. It is quite sturdy and heavy - which I like. It is really good for making meals for 2-4 people. But, I will probably buy a larger one in future if I want to make bigger meals. A very nice tagine.
on 7 February 2012
The Le Creuset tagine is far superior to any other tagine I have seen because the cast iron base means you can brown the onions and meat in it and then continue cooking on the hob. The recipes for lamb in particular are 'amazin'!