on 14 February 2012
I heard a track from this album and bought the entire recording based on the reviews. They did not steer me wrong - this is stunning work from an incredible group. I love the music and you can listen to it over and over - it is not "Christmasy" in the usual sense, just a balm to the soul. Very well recorded and captures all the nuances of this group of singers. Have put other albums from The Sixteen on my wishlist.
20 people found this helpful
on 13 October 2015
Even if you are unfamiliar with mediaeval music, there is much to like and enjoy about this recording. Harry Chrisophers and The Sixteen are superb, as usual. Good listening for Chrismas, and at other times, too.
2 people found this helpful
on 10 January 2018
I bought this for Remember O thou man and I'm so glad I did. It's beautiful. Medieval instruments accompany the voices.
on 30 December 2014
Bought this as a Christmas present for a fencing coach, who says it has not left his CD player since he opened the package. We both big fans of 'The Sixteen'.
3 people found this helpful
on 24 April 2018
A great set of eaely music as it may have been heard.
on 15 February 2018
Enjoyed over Christmas, but can be listened to anytime.
on 3 December 2017
I'm a fan of The Sixteen, this cd has a great range of carols that make a change from the usual standards.
on 9 March 2016
Played it a lot during the period - more as background music than a sit down an listen. It will be out again next ~Christmas, without doubt.
on 29 December 2014
Great christmas music by one of the best choirs around
One person found this helpful
on 27 December 2017
Sublime, beautiful early Christmas music. A highlight of every Christmas for me is revisiting this album. Highly recommended.