on 17 April 2011
Reviewing a battery seems a little pointless I know, but seeing as I purchased this item it seems only right that I should publish the information that other prospective buyers will want to know.

This battery fits both my Nokia N85 and my Nokia N86.
This battery is indeed the genuine article, that is to say, it is an original Nokia part - complete with hologram and serial number. It is NOT a cheap chinese-made copy, as are so often found on ebay and the like.

So, if you're after a replacement battery at a fraction of the price that Nokia themselves would charge you, then go for the item on this page.
Recommended.
on 2 April 2016
Happy with battery, value for money and very fast delivery
on 6 June 2010
It does what it does, its a battery! I wanted a spare battery for my nokia phone and ordered this from amazon about 9 months ago (for 24.64). It came in orignal Nokia packaging and is the Genuine Nokia product. Have been using it alternating with my other battery. Battery life is as good as my orignal nokia battery that came with the phone. No problems at all with it. Would recommend if a spare or replacement battery is needed.
on 5 October 2011
Original C7 battery (also works with Nokia N8/N86/X7/E7 etc)
Came on its own in an envelope. No packaging but I can assure you this is original battery as it lasted as the one that came with my C7 and my brothers N8)
4stars due to cheap packaging.
on 11 October 2011
Purchased what was supposed to be a new genuine Nokia battery, very disappointed in that the damn thing wont hold its charge. It was not as I saw on the sales photo, it just came in a plastic bag. If I didn't know any better I would say it was moody, it's certainly not a genuine battery as advertised. Don't buy it, if I had read the reviews beforehand, I wouldn't have.
on 18 March 2012
The battery provided by this supplier (Media Electronics) is, I suspect, not new. An initial recharge upon arrival lasted barely two days. The next day it last 24 hours, the same the next day. There is clearly something wrong with the battery supplied. So was it really NEW or not? Was the stock several years old and the battery now dead after all this time? Who knows!

The Nokia web site now shows a BL-5K that is 1300mAh rather than the supplied 1200mAh. So I'm thinking this is maybe very old stock that has been sitting there a long time.

It was also shown in the images as being in Nokia plastic packaging..this was not. It arrived in a small plastic bag. It did however have the Nokia hologram on it.
on 13 May 2013
Bought 2 batteries thinking wrongly that they were genuine Nokia at a reduced price. When they arrived they were NOT in genuine packaging but in little plastic bags, the batteries themselves had black tape masking out the name Nokia which tends to give the game away. Be very wary when buying batteries displayed in Nokia packaging because when they arrive they might just not be the properly displayed article that you think your buying, it's too late for me but just remember "If it seems a giveaway bargain then that's just what it may turn out to be, a giveaway to your local disposal unit" the batteries supplied to me barly lasted an hour and charged just as quick, in a word RUBBISH.
on 31 October 2011
This battery was bought as my old battery was dying and I wanted to keep my old phone. I was impressed by reviews saying that it performed just as weell as the original Nokia battery, but my personal experience is that this is not the case. It has breathed a new lease of life in to my phone for relatively little expense it is true, but it certainly does not hold a charge as long as my original battery did when it was new. Overall I am still pleased with the product as it has kept my old phone going, but I still need to charge my phone regularly and after any use e.g. GPS it dies quite quickly, which is a disappointment.
on 13 April 2016
This item was a waste of money it arrived with no power stored in battery and will not charge in the phone I've been given the same battery type from a friend and it works perfect .. No stars from me
on 6 February 2014
Gave five stars but never used do to phone kind of repairing the problem (high battery drain) looked authentic and it fit ok. Sadly it will never be used phone now in grave yard.