Customer reviews

Parrot MKi9200 Bluetooth Car Kit
Style: with colour display|Change
Price:£145.35+ Free shipping

on 1 May 2017
Not as impressed as I was hoping to be.
The functionality isn't as good as I hoped.

On a cheap £30 Bluetooth it would pay anything that playing on my phone.

For some reason certain apps won't play. For example I've listened to the radio through YouTube and it wouldn't play, I had to fiddle around in the settings to get it to work.

Don't know why it doesn't just play everything without hassle.

It's meant to be able to connect to two phones at a time. I've connected my work phone but for some reason it won't connect the calls through. A bit annoying but I'm sure I'll work it out.

What I do like.

-The little screen shows the songs your listening to.
-Shows who's calling as well but I have my phone in a cradle so I can see anyways.
-I had it fitted by Halfords and they did a great job fitting it, it really tidies away well
-overrides the radio system (but it does also override the other sounds e.g indicators, reversing sensors
-works well with Siri (once you disable the inbuilt software)
on 25 February 2017
The Parrot MKi9000 works quite well as a basic hands-free but the advanced features are woefully inadequate - especially considering the very high price of the unit. Given the price, I was expecting something head-and-shoulders above my old £20 hands-free (or the £50 car radio in another car), but apart from the ability to route audio through my car's sound system this unit leaves a lot to be desired.

Points to consider before buying:

The company's response to email technical support queries is extremely slow. Expect a 4-5 day delay before they get initially get back to you. The small print says email response within "48 business hours" which, if you think about it, gives them days to get back to you. Probably better to phone - although it did not appear that their Tech Support people were able to answer my question: What files does it support on USB (it is very limited, unlike most car radios these days).

Voice dialing is rubbish. Virtually impossible to use with a large phone book (which you probably have if you use Google for your phone contacts) and recognition itself is very poor. I had to turn off the Parrot recognition and use my phone's recognition which is way better.

The USB music function is hopeless. The Parrot cannot recognise 99% of my MP3 files, because it can only recognise low-bitrate highly compressed MP3s. Even if this could be used without re-encoding all my MP3s, I doubt that the selection mechanism would be usable in practice.

All in all, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. The BlueTooth functionality of a £20 hands-free (for phone calls only) or a £50 car radio (for calls and music) will serve you better.
on 10 April 2017
I had this hands free for around 10 months now and I never had a problem with it not working. It is a very good option if your car is a bit older that doesn't come with the Bluetooth option. I wanted this not just for making calls but also so I can listen to the music from my phone hence I went with this model without the additional screen because I can see what is playing on my phone. Call quality is good, people can hear me no problem as I can too. I find it much better sound call quality than the £30 clip on wiser hands free I had before. I listen to the music through the Spotify and the quality is pretty good. Also handy to make calls from the control joystick since it syncs with the phones address book. It's not getting 5 stars because voice dialling doesn't work for me it never got the contact name right once. Also if you want to play music from the USB stick it would only play one folder you can't chose. You have to put all the songs in root folder and can't pick what to play. Other than that it's very nice unit mutes my radio or sat nav from the phone when you get an incoming call. I'm planning to buy another one for my wife's car as well.
on 25 June 2017
Speedy delivery, came before estimated delivery date.
Quite a few hick-ups with setting it up despite having had the same model Parrot and phone before. (Hence just the 4 stars)
Got there in the end, and working well now.
on 11 December 2009
Was a bit worried when I bought this as I had read some poor reviews, (although who writes a review if something is good!!) However it is a superb product.

Voice recognition is better than that built into my phone.

Sound quality from USB is superb.

Controls are intuitive (don't put on your steering wheel, put on dash as just gets in the way and very tricky to use in the dark otherwise.)

Logical design and nice features.

I have not used with an Ipod but why bother if you put an 8Gb USB on it and have all the same functionality and less valuables in the car!!

Some tips:

Don't waste time trying to put the mic above the windscreen, it works exceptionally well between the steering wheel and the speedomoter and takes 2 mins to fit the microphone and run the cable this way.

Get the conversion kit if you radio does not have ISO connectors (most cars)you will struggle big time otherwise.

Take time to understand the wiring diagram.

Wire sound into your Auxiliary input not the ISO connectors as this gives you sound to all the speakers and use of the cars default volume control.

Took me about 2 hours to fully install and test. (Extra 20mins to get the radio out of its slot though, get the right tools or ask your service garage to take it out slightly for you!!)

Enjoy!
on 12 September 2014
Wouldn't be without this, I've been using this for 6 months now and can heartily recommend it, it truly is hands free, voice recognition gets it right 99% of the time.
So good I've bought another for my other car. Buy it.
on 11 June 2017
Superb mod in my Jaguar S-type - at last, I can listen to everything on my iPhone - brilliant
on 31 October 2017
I previously had the Mki9100 and loved that. Now I've upgraded and am even more impressed. Forget cheap Bluetooth systems, this is far superior and drowns out external noise when on a call.
on 3 March 2017
Recommended. Neat and simple. Easy use.
on 9 March 2017
Very good product, it works fine, easy to use and it automatically connects to your phone contacts. I can pair both my work and personal phones. Highly recommended. It improved very much my driving experience.