on 23 May 2017
Well, it's good to have the Iggy Pop's mix although I only listen to the Bowie's. There's a gatefold sleeve with a big booklet. I totally recomend this edition. No need to say anything about the music, right?
on 13 April 2017
Music history, and raw it is.
I like most of it but need to be in the right mood.
Don't overlook Iggy on your music journey.
on 4 May 2017
Wow. Blew me away. this is amazing rock and roll at its Brutal finest. No prisoners. Never heard nothing like it. After the first few seconds I was hooked. Played it 3 times! One of the greatest albums of all time. Ashamed I didn't own it sooner.
on 28 April 2017
Raw Power Bowie mix,nuff said
on 21 April 2017
Ok fantastic
on 27 August 2017
Raw power. Everyone should own a copy of this CD.
on 30 July 2013
This disc contains the horrifying iggy mix, and not the Bowie mix as I thought (though you get that on the cloud player). More or less unlistenable.
on 5 April 2017
Classic album
on 3 July 2011
I have reviewed this before, giving it a glowing report as "incomparably superior" to the Bowie mix. I appear before you today, head bowed and asking for forgiveness. The Bowie mix, in its new remastered form on the Legacy edition, is incomparably better than this. The loss of dynamic range due to letting the dials stray into the red too much simply cannot be endured for long. I even began to question whether this album (the one Nick Kent unhesitatingly named as his favourite album from the 70s in an interview) was as great as I'd always thought. Fortunately sense has prevailed and I see that the (remastered) Bowie mix is the one to have. It's true that the bass is still too light and the drums sometimes drop a little too far back in the mix, but the voice and the guitar just tear the air apart like perfectly synchronised thunder and lightning. And it shouldnt be forgotten that, for example at a legendary concert at the Scala in London, Iggy and James Williamson performed this music as a duo. Get it for the live material, but you'll find yourself playing the new Bowie mix of the album itself.
on 28 December 2015
Firstly, please can Amazon stop lumping reviews for different issues of the same CD together?, and also can reviewers please stop giving one-star reviews to a brilliant CD just because they don't like the particular mix or remastering? For this reason "Raw Power", a seminal album, is given just four stars instead of the five it deserves. Only one of the one star reviews is actually from someone who dislikes the album. Most of the moans seem to be about Iggy's mix, praising Bowie's original mix, and yet when Iggy's mix was released I remember lots of rave reviews and much slagging off of Bowie's. Why are such things so important to such people that they give one star to an album they admit is a classic? I've heard Iggy's mix and yes, it's loud, but the album is still brilliant.
Having said all that, this is my favourite Stooges album, all three are brilliant but I've always liked Raw Power the best, I had it as an LP in the 70s (Bowie's mix of course) and that is the mix I prefer. Every single track is a classic and much as I love the first two albums, James Williamson really adds something to the Stooges, his guitar work on "Search and Destroy" and "Death Trip" is just brilliant. Get the double CD version with the live CD "Georgia Peaches"and two extra tracks.