on 5 April 2011
I bought this hoping for a well made product that would stand up to the rigours of being used on a bike. Wrong! Merely trying to install it on the bike and it fell to pieces. I was trying to pull out the plastic battery tab so that the included batteries would engage but the whole assembly fell apart! Not very good for something that is supposed to be robust enough to handle going over bumps and potholes. Apart from that, the reflector bit is really small that I doubt it will be effective. The leds don't look that bright either. All in all, a poor effort and I have, unsurprisingly, returned it for a refund. Thanks Amazon for the quick delivery and return process.
on 4 September 2013
This is the second one of these i have purchased. i only needed to replace because of damage, all my own fault.
this product is not defective or flimsy, the previous unit has had a hard 1 and a half years daily use in all weathers including snow, ice, rain (the usual British weather) without fail. My boys still use the old unit (still working) as a toy for their Halo type games.
you must check your rack has the correct fittings for it, my rack needed help, i fashioned mine with a thin metal plate and a bolt underneath it to prevent it slipping off, however unlikely this is.

Unit comes preloaded with batteries (brilliant!) and ready to go in minutes after fixing.

It has 4 light patterns, on permanent, flashing all lights and the utterly annoying but eye catching to other road users multi sequence where each light flashes very briefly. lights are very very bright and batteries last a lot longer if you use the any of the flashing sequences. I stick to the second one and also use a backup static light to be sure.

Thoroughly recommended and fit for for use. My Son will be getting one for his bike this winter too.

NO EXCUSE for car drivers to say they didn't see you, unless they are still tweeting on their phone while driving!
on 9 June 2013
I had already bought a rear light for my bike without really thinking where I was going to mount it. There wasn't room on the seat post as I had already fitted a small bag there to carry spare inner tube, levers etc.

I saw this light and decided to give it a try. It fitted like a dream and is very bright. The different flashing options also make it hard to miss, I would recommend this to anyone with a similar problem. Since buying this one I have bought another for my wife's bike and she is just as happy.
on 4 February 2013
Can only be stolen by using a screwdriver.

The light is very bright

Easy to fit, and the best rear light I've ever purchased. Much cheaper than going to a high street shop
on 24 November 2012
This rear light works very well, but is made from cheap brittle plastic. I had to return one that cracked in the post, its replacement was also cracked but by that point I gave up.

On the bike it fits well to a pannier rack, and when on random flash it creates a really good effect which is very visible out on the road.

If it had been packaged well and a bit tougher it would have got 5*.
on 3 July 2013
I have just fitted this light ,and yes it's not well made at all but it's affordable .
It's very bright and economical to use ,it is easy to fit just takes a few minutes with the right tool.

After reading the feedback on Amazon I decided to put some tape round the lens, it will stop it falling off,
Also it will keep the water out ,all in all got what I paid for
on 1 February 2014
I bought this because for the last 3 months I have cycled to work and I always cycle home in the dark, I have a pannier rack on my bike and stupidly assumed that my little 2 led silicone rear light wouldn't be obstructed if I positioned it so it shone under the rack shelf, it was only 3 days ago when I was walking through the room that I store my bike in at work in the dark having already turned my lights on the bike on and had realised that I had forgotten to do something so had to walk away from the bike that I realised it was barely visable, I had wanted to replace my lights at some point anyway as with them only being 2 leds they weren't very bright at all, so I found this online yesterday and it arrived today and although I haven't actually properly tested it yet it is much brighter than my old rear light and as my backplate on the rack is removable it was very easy to fit and the cover seems to be on quiet firmly (although having read other reviews I will be keeping an eye on this), so overall I am very happy with this so far
on 1 May 2012
The light works fine, is nice and bright and is very securely attached to my rear cycle rack. I would give it 5 stars but the front lens is not fitted securely enough to stay on when I ride over a kerb. It has come apart twice now, so I have to wrap a rubber band around it to hold it on. Why can't they use a screw to hold the lense on securely?
on 12 August 2011
As with the other review, if you have a pannier rack then this is definitely the light to buy, its fantastic, very bright, and inexpensive, I have one of these on my bike and a couple of cheaper ones, This light is very bright, very efficient, and inexpensive, it is simple very good, buy one
on 19 November 2011
Bought this rear rack light to replace my existing light which came with the bike, read the reviews and decided to purchase one, totally excellent, much brighter than my old one and couldn't possibly be any brighter than it is, it is also well constructed with an easy to use switch.Buy it!