Customer reviews

SingStar ABBA - PlayStation Eye Enhanced (PS3)
Platform: PlayStation 3|Change

on 13 December 2008
This is amazing! All of the ABBA songs that matter on one disc for you to sing along to. Remember those music videos? They are here too! Great for ABBA themed parties, New Year's Eve parties, or just for you and your other half after the pub closes. This product alone is a good enough reason to buy a PS3 if you don't already have one. By the way, remember that this is a "Solus" pack and that you will need to buy seperately the microphones and USB converter (available with SingStar 1 PS3 pack).
on 19 October 2013
Everyone in our family, kids to adults, enjoyed the sing along with this disk. Includes all the iconic hits and the original videos. Came from the US, not sure why, but the zoning is correct and the custom charges were paid by the seller.
on 13 April 2015
Great Item ,, Fast Delivery
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 22 March 2009
Having bought a PS3 not long ago I wanted to buy a game for my daughters to play, and this one has been a surprise hit, because they had never heard of Abba prior to the Mamma Mia movie (they are of primary school age) and having seen that about 100 times - or so it seems - they knew all the words already! It's hard to think of a better game for them, and I wonder if it might even be of educational benefit as it could help them to read more quickly - the lyrics are on the screen for only a few seconds at a time and they have no choice but to learn them at high speed.

The only disappointment was finding that some of the songs on the Mamma Mia soundtrack do not appear on the PS3 game - in particular, my younger daughter's favourite song 'I Have A Dream'. But then it works both ways - there are some on the game that don't appear on the CD. Other film soundtrack listings absent on this game include Honey Honey, Lay All Your Love On Me, Slipping Through My Fingers and Our Last Summer. But it's churlish to complain when what you do get is of such high quality (assuming you like Abba of course) and many songs are genuinely timeless classics. In any case, although I haven't tried to do so yet, I understand that you can download more songs from the Singstore (99p per song) if your PS3 is connected to the internet.

This is possibly the sort of thing that you will either run a mile from, or will love totally. I know which one my girls would say.
33 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 December 2008
After purchasing it on Amazon (at this amazing price!!), we tried it out on our PS3 and loved it. I didn't expect to see the original music videos, but it is so good they are there - it makes things even more fun!

Anyway, we soon had an occasion to test it on on a wider audience, ranging from age 7 to several teenagers, to a bunch of 30-45 year olds and and a couple of grandparents, and I am pleased to report that it was a huge success!! The game was supposed to last only a short while (we had other plans..), but people didn't want to stop singing - even those who were at first very shy.

The only thing I missed is the song "Lay All Your Love On Me", which is NOT included in this collection, however I still give it 5 stars for the overall experience.
on 1 February 2009
I bought SingStar ABBA for my wife at Christmas as she loves the Mamma Mia film and is always singing along to the CD. I have two major issues with it:
- I now have to listen to my wife singing at full volume!
- My 3 sons and I now have to "share" our PS3 with my wife!
If you are considering getting this for a family member I would urge you to buy a 2nd PS3 and set it up in a room at the far end of the house!

Being in our early 40's ABBA is of our era and I highly recommend this game - you WILL have hours of fun.

Now if Sony were to release a SingStar Faithless for PS3 I would be able to show MY true talent... ;-)
11 Comment| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 February 2009
To be honest, it's really not my kind of game, and I haven't played it much. But watching my wife and friends on it, one cannot deny it's great fun for any Abba/Mamma Mia fans.

I took one star out due to the video quality, but I guess as they are old, they couldn't be much better anyway.

PS: You can always get this game and download more NON-ABBA songs (£0.99/each). So, with a few pounds, you can have a good rock or pop set.
VINE VOICEon 22 April 2009
Oodles of fun. This and Singstar Queen, you can't go wrong with either. HIGHLY recommended.
on 20 February 2009
Ich habe mir dieses Produkt gekauft weil ich die Abba Songs einfach Spitze finde. Und als Singstar ist es einfach genial. Mitsingen macht bei Abba sowieso immer Laune und mit Singstar gleich nochmal soviel.

Als Ergänzung zu Singstar absolut zu empfehlen.
on 26 April 2009
I would not have normally bought a game in the Singstar series, but when I got my PS3, Singstar came with it and two microphones. I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised with the series, it is great, my girlfriend and I will have evenings where we will duet or battle to see who gets the best score. And everyone needs to add Abba to their collection, you get a good selection of their songs, all the well known classics and some others that may or may not be so well known by all.
This is a party game basically, you can have a load of friends round and take turns battling for the highest score, the videos are all great quality so you can watch those as you wail out the notes. The only bad note is that my singing is not that great so I am not scoring very highly, much to my girlfriend's amusement, but I have improved as we play, so there is hope for everyone!! If I can get better, so can you!
The game is good value for what you get from it, the songs you will sing over and over, as I said before, it is good for an evening in with your partner or get it out when you have a group of friends round and have a good laugh. And...... it is ABBA! Everyone likes their songs!!
This is a great addition to the series of Singstar products, may they keep bringing out more.