Format: DVD|Change

on 9 March 2016
I love this boxset, the outer packaging is bright and gives a galaxy feel to it which plays brilliantly with the content of the show and it is very sturdy too therefore it looks great in your dvd collection and isn't made of flimsy cardboard like alot of boxsets can be.

The Big Bang Theory is definitely one of my favourite shows, its very smart and witty and includes romance along the way. I hope it continues for a while.
on 16 August 2011
The Big Bang Theory is just about the best comedy show I've enjoyed in a long time. The other reviewers say it all much better than I can, just to say I've watched every episode - and watched them all again, and still laugh out loud and want more! The characterization is just brilliant, I love Sheldon for all his flaws and quirks. ( Jim Parsons acting is superb. )
You can't help but feel sorry for Leonard, who always seems to lose out in relationships, especially with the lovely Penny. He tries so hard and is so likeable.
The desperate Howard is so creepy, but it's hard not to hope he gets the girl, any girl!! And Raj, again, is such a nice guy, but hopeless to the point of not being able to speak around females, unless drunk, and then he turns into superstud! It's all so wonderfully written, acted and produced. It's totally addictive and every episode is a short feast to be enjoyed again and again. If you love great comedy and nerd-ish oneliners, along with clever storylines and superb characters and acting, this is as good as it gets. Enjoy!
PS, When Sheldon asks the guy, " What kind of computer do you have, and don't say a white one." That's about my limited knowledge of computers, and I know even less about physics, and I still adore this excellent show.
on 2 December 2015
This is my favourite comedy show on TV. I love all the movies and comic book references that occur throughout the series. The actors portray their roles so well in the situations they find themselves in. If you have not seen any of this series on TV before, give a try. It's shown on E4 in the UK. Old episodes are shown every day, usually two at a time.
on 16 April 2016
If you love the big bang theory, this is a great product to have. It is my first big bang purchase after watching the show on television and would really recommend this as it is very up-to-date and contains great extras.
on 21 June 2016
The kids are addicted and I have to say it is so much better than the children's shows people watch now, they are learning a lot and laughing at the same time!
Love the show and having 8 series in the boxed set we have plenty of watching to do.
on 21 May 2013
Like most new shows, I was wary about this when I had only seen the trailers on the tv - all full of hype, and the funniest bits from the series mashed together into a 30 second commercial. But... When I actually caught a full episode... I was hooked! The story is a clever one - two geeky guys (one who is almost unbearably so!), and their pretty, but slightly air-headed neighbour, living their slightly unconventional lives in California, and getting into romantic tangles. The unobtainable desire that Geek 1 (Leonard) has for the pretty neighbour makes compelling viewing, and provides for plenty of laughs - as do the actions of Geek 2 (super-geek Sheldon), who is seemingly baffled by everyday actions and protocols. If you're reading this, you've probably heard of The Big Bang Theory (Just check E4 any night of the week!), as it has been on for 5 series now, so get your wallet out and buy a box set - you won't regret it!
on 3 May 2012
The Big Bang Theory.... a refreshing comedy series which uses juxtaposition to perfection. How the world appears through the eyes of science geeks set against the life of their neighbour Penny who lives in the real world. Wonderful characters who you come to love through the humour of how their scientific minds see every day situations. It never fails to amuse. A wonderful series which I can watch over and over and over again.
on 24 March 2016
As a late convert to TBBT (it is difficult to appreciate only seeing occasional random episodes on TV) following recommendation by my son, I was delighted with it. The scripts are sharp and all characters brilliantly cast, although I would have liked to have seen more of Sara Gilbert as Leslie Winkle.
on 14 February 2016
Good value for money; futhermore, it was much more affordable here than at German A', e.g. The DVDs save me from watching it with an overload of commercials or these streaming problems (plus some extras included).
If you start watching BBT, you will want to see it through the last bit; thus getting the full thing is my advice. It has been degrading a bit, though and alas, into a relationship sitcom.
Outside of rating system: some DVDs (new) did not work properly on different players. Sad.
4 1/2 to 5 stars.
on 7 August 2009
When I first heard of the series I didn't fancy it because of the name, but then I happened to come across it and started watching the second series, both my husband and I enjoyed it so much we bought the first series, and in 3 weeks we have watched it thro 3 times, hilarious. Can't wait for the second series to be available in Oct, killing us.