Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 5 January 2012
Delighted to find this CD of the show we saw on our brief honeymoon in 1958. We've had the vinyl version for years but long since lost the ability to play it so the CD has given us many nostalgic moments - memories of a happy time and a thoroughly entertaining show.
on 29 September 2010
I must have been about eighteen when I first saw this show in Manchester. It was the national tour after a long run in London and I was completely bowled over by the simplicity and charm of the score.
Re-aquainting myself with it now has been sheer delight and I cannot stop playing it. There are more tunes than you can shake a stick at, one glorious melody after another. years ago, when I was a young actor in rep. Patricia Bredin came to Northampton to play in a new musical version of Maria Marten, she was a delight to work with, great fun , and of course that wonderful voice! Later she went into the West End to play in Man of La Mancha. I wonder if she is still around....she had been groomed to be a big star but like many other talented artists, Shani Wallis, Elizabeth Seal, we simply didnt know how to promote them or find the material for them in this country. I mustnt exclude Sally Ann Howes from that list!!!
Free as Air is very much a show of its time but dont let that discourage you from the sheer wieght of its charm. It's a gem.

JOHN CRAIG
on 3 March 2010
A reminder of the delights of 50s musicals. Twee perhaps but melodic and economical to stage unlike most of Lloyd Webbers productions.
on 10 January 2014
Forgotten by the next generation. Delightful tunes and libretto, still funny aftr half a century, My grandchildren love it! High time it was revived.
on 30 October 2013
We know the musical. These were bought as Christmas presents for friends.
no doubt they'll be delighted.
on 2 February 2012
The CD was sent as requested very quickly indeed and was part of a set of three CD's all shows of the same era
on 26 June 2016
Very pleased to hear this again.I saw the original show at the Savoy theatre in 1958
on 6 September 2015
Excellent recording, performed with clarity and vitality.
on 2 August 2015