Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£3.99

on 30 June 2005
I envy this man. he has the best job in the world , just sitting around playing with sound. It's a job he thoroughly deserves because he is the best, everyone else who tries pale into insignificance. Enough of the worship...when I first got this album I didn't play it much but then one day I was listening to it on headphones and it just clicked. It not only helped me to hear differently but also to see differently ..Get it and give it time..think of the randomness of slow falling raindrops but not in a cheesey new agey way...it almost feels punky for some strange reason.
on 15 May 2003
Bought this on impulse and was well rewarded. It's a very useful, functional soundscape. Works as backgound noise or foreground music. Interesting that a piece created 'systematically' still packs a more powerful emotional punch than most stuff created by an artist labouring under the Romantic notion of having 'something to say'. In total it's as simple as quantum physics, as complicated as a piece of string.
on 22 January 2004
If you are a student like me and you need solace, peace and tranquility in which you need to revise or whatever, this album is the perfect solution. It's so simple it is almost criminal, but at the same time it sooths and can sometimes inspire. It drifts in and out of your consciousness without you noticing, but when the record ends, you think to yourself "damn, i really enjoyed that". Class.
VINE VOICEon 23 November 2009
I recently re-bought this. I originally bought it in about 1982 when I went to University (Surrey). I used it for 5 years, relaxing and revising.

It really is what it's meant to be. Music for Airports is a kind of music that you play in the background. But it has an amazing penetration.

It is astoundingly creative, fresh, up, happy, uplifting and relaxing all at the same time.

Buy it, play it, then ignore it. Then it works.

The other great track is Thursday afternoon. Mr Eno is a genius regardless of all the extra work he did for Roxy Music & U2.
on 22 December 2014
Eno's influence on modern music cannot be over-emphasized and this CD was a during move at the time. No serious pop-artistiek had tried this before and he put ambient music in the limelight. Personally, I think this is the kind of music I would not sit down and listen to for, but it's nice background music which it was intended for in the first place anyway.
on 13 August 2014
This is a landmark album in the ambient movement, decades ahead of its time, Eno created a new genre with this album; and one which absolutley stands the test of time, despite being 35 years old, it still astounds with its tightly controlled soundscapes.
on 24 October 2011
I have seen the bad reviews for this and honestly it's going to be no different than any other album. Some you like some you don't. Personally I rather like this album. It's classic ambient, just put it on and let it blend into the background.
on 24 April 2016
Nostalgic album giving a true sense of departure in the most beautiful way ever.Why listening to some commercial music with no value in airports? I've tried this album along with Ambient 2,4,& 4 any time I am going away in airports.
on 15 September 2002
I bought this albulm on impulse from amazon through my recommendations, I had heard of Brian Eno, but wasn't sure what it was all about. Personally if your looking for something to relax to this isn't it. The piano loops did my head in- In honesty I haven't listened to the whole albulm through but its repetiveness was just too much to bear. Normally I find albulms like this are growers but i have tried really hard to like this but its just not happenening. It might be just about bearable if you turn it down to volume 2 and do something else. I couldn't fall asleep to it, because i was constantly waiting for something else different to appear...after 7 minutes of the same piano melody ( which was all of a couple of notes ) I turned off and put on some Boards of Canada...much more interesting.
on 7 November 2000
eno is a genius.i love the whole airport theme.its just the stuff to listen to stood in an airport leaving an amazing place.sounds weird but you will agree