on 26 August 2013
After running out of gas halfway through cooking our sausages on one of our camping trips I was delighted to find this indicator and took it on our latest trip.

The indicator is about 4" high and our gas bottle (907) is about a foot high with a ridge in the middle, the magnet is a little ridged and doesn't curl around your bottle so sits a little proud. You can estimate initially where your gas level is by either shaking the bottle, feeling the weight or you can place it up and down the canister when it is in use until you get a reading.

The reading by the way is not obvious if you compare it to the leaflet. For some unknown reason on the COLOUR LEAFLET they have chosen to illustrate the readings in black and white! Also on the leaflet they show one column as an indicator and on the actual product there are multiple columns which wouldn't matter if they showed identical readings but they don't.

Once in place and using the gas bottle, the left column seemed to have blue colouring and right column, which I took as the actual indicator, showed orange at the bottom, yellow in the middle and pale green to the top. Looking at the picture (if we are to assume yellow as the level) it appears that gas is low and there is about 2" left in the can.

I assume that it works because we did see some change in colour when the gas was in use but do you read the orange, yellow or green colour? And I still don't know how long the gas will last me even if I do have 2" left because the colouring is vague and I don't know the rate at which it is burning. This coupled with the poor instructions made the product difficult to use.

I can't really complain because it is a good price, it's compact and gives you a rough idea of what is left in the can so it is worth a punt. With better instructions it could be a good product.
review image review image review image
on 20 April 2017
It works very well. The indicator is very clear and easily seen. Will see how well it stands up to outdoor constant use as it is on a static van cylinder.
on 12 December 2016
Arrived in good time, it attached easily to my gaz bottle. I'll wait until the bottle needs filling before u see its true value! Should save me a lot of worry
on 18 April 2017
Finally received after the second sending, makes no sense to me really, all the same colour all the time, just stick with the lift and shake method, if it feels empty it is🤗
on 10 August 2017
Does not give a clear indication of gas remains in cylinder. Would recommend a better meter attached
on 24 April 2017
Hard to read, sort of confusing to be honest, said it's half empty but I know it's full?
on 10 September 2017
Excellent product and service will recommend you to friends and family
on 15 July 2015
POINTLESS WASTE OF MONEY, EITHER IT DOES NOT WORK OR IT IS TOO DIFFICULT TO READ AND INTERPRET, WHICH EVER, IT IS A WASTE OF SPACE.
on 7 June 2017
excellent item, good quality, delivered a day early
on 15 May 2017