Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change

on 6 October 2015
This was one of the records I missed for some reason when I first fell in love with the maiden......whilst I now see it is a good album (better than most the recent stuff for sure and containing a couple of classic)...I'm not too disappointed I did not hear it in my youth - THAT award goes to Piece of Mind which is mind blowingly brilliant. Have to also mention that Im only now filling in my mental Maiden listening gaps becasue Book of SOuls is so great.......just encase you were wondering........

Powerslave does have good moments and I will listen again and again like all the other top albums - but yes (you can tell by my build up here.....) It just does not grab me as all the other classics do. To be honest this record feels flat in places and I feel Im not paying as much attention as I usually do to every Maiden track - so as a fan of 30 years or so (and yes I should say sorry again for not listening to to all the classics in my youth!) I have to be honest here and say whilst it deserves 5 stars for the qualities it does have (good story telling lyrics, 3 or 4 great tracks) there are one two too many mediochre (BUT NOT BAD!!) tracks compared to the afor - mentioned greats-

Please see my review for Piece of Mind if you'd like to find out the order of THE BEST MAIDEN ALBUMS EVER!!! (especially if you are a newbie to this wonderful band!)

'May the irons continue to go UP!!!'..........Now you should say...............
on 7 May 2015
This is the Re-issue version of "Powerslave" with extra enhanced video content and it is amazing! There are loads of extras packed into this version which include more art work, band pics and liner notes than the original. If like me you bought the original release on vinyl then this is the perfect way to up date your collection to the CD format. "Powerslave" is a classic Iron Maiden album and deserves to be heard by everyone who loves Heavy Metal music. So buy this album and you will have a piece of Heavy Metal history that will bring you joy for years to come.
on 3 July 2016
Possibly the best album of the best metal band of all time. Each track is an anthem that demands to be listened to in its entirety, even the 14 minute epic "Rime Of The Ancient Mariner" keeps me listening right till the end. A quality album from a quality band, cannot see how it could disappoint any listener from a veteran metal head to the newest of fans
on 21 April 2017
Great album and Very good condition and plays brilliantly. A quality item.
on 1 April 2017
A great album
on 11 March 2017
Perfect
on 30 May 2017
Classic album from Iron Maiden. Bruce Dickinson is on top form on this, and featuring great guitar solos and riffs. Still sounds brilliant 31 years after it's release.
on 1 December 2015
Love them they are amazing .
VINE VOICEon 21 November 2002
Maiden were on top of the world when they released this platter, and remained there for at least 3 more albums before the slide began (curse Seattle.............just kidding!).
It's all been said really - from the opening dual guitar intro to Aces High (one of the best Maiden choruses ever?)through the fantastic riff to 2 Minutes, via the twin guitarwork on The Duelists, the wonderfully complex riff to Back In The Village (or the return of The Prisoner), the mysterious theme and awesome instrumental section of Powerslave, all dwarfed by the huge Rime of the Ancient Mariner, this album is a wild ride.
Very good production, although I would have liked a bit more bottom end (my taste only), the boys are the best at what they do, and this was one of their finest moments.
BUY!!!
on 4 March 2017
33 year old vinyl. Plays very well.