December 2014. I downloaded this from Amazon last year, but it was only as I was enjoying it yesterday that I realised I still hadn't reviewed it - Perhaps that reflects the seasonal nature of this album? But I want to rectify my ommission, because I think this is a truly superb collection. I have been lucky enough to attend both the service recorded for TV in early December (subsequently shown on BBC2), and the inimitable Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols transmitted live from King's College Chapel on Radio 4, without which Christmas Eve just doesn't seem complete in our house. This album recreates the special atmosphere perfectly!! The 25 tracks cover the "must-have" carols performed every year, as well as some of the finest specially commissioned works. My advice? If you are tempted by this, hesitate no more! Get it!! Then curl up in a favourite armchair with a glass of mulled wine, perhaps a warm mince-pie or two, and ENJOY!! Happy Christmas!!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Love it
on 6 February 2015
V Good.
on 7 December 2007
Having just heard the CD, I am warmed by the quality of ALL the tracks, the singing is beautiful and sung so professionally.
If you are looking for a traditional Carol CD, then I would definately recommend this one,
on 17 October 2011
I sing in my church choir, so I've sampled a few carols by other cathedral choirs, like St Pauls's, Canterbury, Laudamus, Huddersfield Society. They're all excellent choirs, don't get me wrong, but King's College Cambridge seemed to have that little bit extra. A bit more oomph from the organ, a top tenor who lives mainly in the upper stratosphere, more variations and solos, and good song selection. You'll love it!
on 10 February 2010
As usual delivery was as predicted.

This CD contains traditional and modern carols together with Kings College Choir. At the price, including posatge, you can't go wrong.

A good buy.Carols from King's