Customer reviews

Playing My Game
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 21 April 2000
I NEVER KNEW WHO SHE WAS UNTIL I HEARD "SITTING DOWN HERE" ON NOW 45 AND THEN AND THERE I FELL IN LOVE WITH HER. HER ALBUM IS EXCELLENT IT WILL SUIT EVERYONE FROM THE VERY YOUNG TO VERY OLD. IT HAS SOME SLOW SONGS FOR THE ULTIMATE ROMANTICS TO THE DANCING TRACKS SUCH "UNFORGIVABLE SINNER" WHICH IS MY FAVOURITE AT THE MOMENT. BUY IT NOW IT IS TOTALLY WORTH THE MONEY. YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN
on 26 March 2000
If you discovered Lene Marlin as I did, after hearing "Sitting down here", and hankering for more, then you won't be disappointed by this album. It's a truly great album, and hasn't stopped spinning in my car/home since I got it. A great range of tracks, all written (lyrics and music) by Lene, and it really showcases her amazing voice. Thank you for the music Lene - you truly deserve the awards you're picking up for this.
on 16 March 2000
This is a very enjoyable cd of easy-to-hear music. However most of the tracks do not follow the more up-beat style of the UK single "Sitting DOwn HEre" - in fact, I think I detect distinct Enya-tones on several songs! Lush strings, indisinct vocals, and a sort of dreamy quality to the overall sound. Good for winding down at the end of a day - maybe not a good thing to listen to in the car if you're feeling tired!
on 1 June 2000
at first, this album doesn't jump out and slap you in the face, but i've heard it a few times now, and it has to be one of this year's best. 'sitting down here' and 'unforgivable sinner' have a kind of quiet brilliance, and 'a place nearby' touches your heart like very few songs can. i wouldn't recommend this album if you're looking for something funky to dance to, but it's a very relaxing and peaceful album.
on 22 November 2000
A promising debut although with only two worth while songs. Unfortunately the others are all too samey and not thought through to the level of Unforgivable sinner or Sitting down here.
on 29 December 2000
These Tracks are arranged in purpose. If you start listening to it, You won't be able to stop listening before conclusion! Every songs is very very good Alhough She composes/lyrics each of songs for Herself. I feel a very cool feeling as listen it. We can't be felt such feeling by Britney spears, Christina Aguilera, Jessica Simpson, Billie piper and Etc. You must listen to it.
on 22 June 2000
I bought the CD on the recommendation of my son-in-law (that dates me, doesn't it) and I cannot fault his judgement. A wonderful mix of commercial material and softer, well thought out songs. I have recently spent some time in the USA and everyone to whom I have played the album has liked it - isn't it about time it was released there? I'm sure it would go down a storm.
on 3 January 2001
This is a fantastic album which really shows off Lene's brilliant voice. It's not just for 'teeny-bobbers'. I'm really into indie and rock but I still love this album. The tracks compliment each other perfectly and it makes you want to listen more and more. The records aren't to 'samey' and this is a must have album for anyone whatever style of music is. BUY IT NOW.
on 6 March 2000
This album was already released in Germany a couple of months ago. It is a great piece of work and I think it is especially astonishing that Lene wrote all of her songs including her smash hits "Sitting Down here" and "Unforgivenable Sinner" herself! It is wonderfully relaxing to listen to them after a hard day.
DEFINATELY WORTH BUYING!
on 2 November 2000
I had never heard of Lene Marlin before her two singles which were released. I liked her voice and style, so took the chance when buying the Album. Since buying it, I have not taken it out of my CD player! It goes down on my list as one of the best albums I have purchased. It is a true pleasure to listen to. I will be first to purchase her next album!