Format: MP3 Download|Change

on 10 December 2012
Anyone who has ever been in a band will recognise the setting. A heavy metal band flushed with ambition and naive confidence.

This comic allegory is carried out with breathtaking expertise. You will laugh. Constantly. Then you will listen again, and pick up more of the in jokes and laugh again. It's so natural that sometimes you actually think they're not acting.

I first listened to this in maybe 1987. I still regularly listen to it now. It still makes me laugh out loud. I have a few friends who have had the same experience.

Seminal comedy. Visionary. Ageless. Marvellous.
on 7 February 2013
As a huge fan of the Comic Strip Presents I stumbled across the Bad News album, I had no idea they released one. It was the funniest thing I've listened to and love the song 'Warriors of Ghengis Kahn'. Den's song 'Bad Dreams' is hilarious and Spider trying to sing quietly to himself is brilliant. I never thought i'd enjoy this album as much as i did and can't recommend it enough. If you like Bad News get this you won't be disappointed.
on 14 January 2013
I overlooked something because I thought I ordered the DVD - didn't know there was a Bad News CD. The liner notes were very interesting; didn't know they went so far (1 doco & that's it, I reckoned). Later on downloaded Bad News Tour & More Bad News - didn't know the comedians could actually play - rather brave considering the festival they performed at & what bands they were sandwiched between!! Gives 'em more credibility in my books.
on 1 October 2009
I am a big fan of both The Young Ones and Spinal Tap, and I stumbled accross Bad News by accident - but I think it was meant to be!

This is pant-wettingly funny, thoroughly obscene stuff which is delivered with typical "Young Ones" enthusiasm! The songs are hilarious and the arguing between them is even better, and this was many years before Metallica embarrassed themselves with "Some Kind of Monster"!

Fans of Queen (me included) will especially appreciate the slaughtering of Bohemian Rhapsody - something that has to be heard to fully appreciate! Brian May produced it, but lets just say it may not be his finest sounding end product!

Audio comedy doesn't get better than this - just don't listen in a public place (because laughing to yourself is a little strange) and keep away from innocent minds - this is one cd that really does deserve to be "parental advisory". However, if you are old enough to appreciate it (and you are a fan of The Young Ones/Spinal Tap) you are guaranteed a barrel of laughs!

"Look, its taken us three days to tune up - can we just settle on something?"
on 15 April 2010
Being a child of the 80's I loved the Young Ones and Comic Strip presents. Bad News and More Bad News were my favourite episodes by a long shot. The relationship between Vim and Colin is magic. Den is just spot on dense and Spider, well is just a high pitched giggling drummer who is constantly off his face on drugs.

The actors Ade, Rik, Nigel and Peter are all fantastic comedian actors and the fact that you don't need to watch them in order to know what they are physically doing when you listen to them talk just shows how much talent these men have.

if you enjoyed Bad News then this album will NOT disappoint!!!
on 3 October 2011
I utterly love this album. Being a teenager when it arrived on the scene, it was right up my street what with all the violence, swearing and mayhem. Fantastically quotable to the point that I only only need to prompt a line to my old mates and they know the next line.

Forget Spinal Tap....Bad News rule!

"LAAAAA"......"GERRRRRR"
"I went badadda like a fury"
on 12 December 2011
saw this and it took me back to thays of sitting in my 1st car listning on tape!!!! contains huge amounts of swearing and rick male being bullied by aid edmundson but is so worth the retro trip!!!!!
on 10 August 2015
Pre spinal tap...and just has good.Some great spoof tracks c/o Brian May..but the derek and clive type banter make this 18 rated soit it loses a star
on 24 August 2010
Loved this the first time around, just as funny now. If you like silly comedy and don't mind LOTS of swearing, then you'll love this!
on 2 May 2014
Brings back the memories, this was by far and away the best "comic book presents", it is well captured on this CD