Customer reviews

Keeps Gettin' Better: A Decade Of Hits
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 July 2015
Keeps Getting Better; A Decade of Hits by Christina Aguilera chronicles many of her hits from the 1990’s up until 2008. Genie In A Bottle, Come On Over Baby, Beautiful, etc, are among the multiple hits on this cd. As with many others, I was first introduced to Christina Aguilera through her late 1990’s hit Genie In A Bottle. Christina Aguilera’s music was also pretty popular throughout the multiple places I was stationed at through the navy such as the song Beautiful (I remember hearing Beautiful sometime around late 2002/early 2003 at one of the Subway locations in Japan for a quick dinner (it was a positive memory because I was with the man who is now my husband). Fighter and Dirty (feat. Redman)were two of the songs I remember hearing in California (I just wish that I could remember whether it was through local radio, yahoo internet music, and.or television first).Ain’t No Other Man was pretty popular on the local radio in 2006 (where I was living in Florida through the navy). Candyman and Keeps Getting Better are some of the songs in this selection that have not been exposed to the radio as much (at least in the places where I have lived, but they are good songs nonetheless). Keeps Getting Better; A Decade of Hits by Christina Aguilera is perfect for those who enjoy pop dance music and/or are familiar with at least 3-5 songs by Christina Aguilera.
on 13 June 2011
This is a powerful round-up of all of Christina Aguilera's original hits plus reworkings of two of them plus new tracks. I say new and of course this is no longer a new collection ... but what has La Aguilera done since? All the stuff you know is on here.

These songs are nearly all high-points in her career, with only "I turn to you" - unfortunately not a cover of Mel C's techno dance hit - as a duff moment. I even like the duet with Ricky Martin. Outstanding of course are Genie in a Bottle, Beautiful, Hurt and Candyman. The reworkings of Genie and Beautiful are surprisingly good too.

Her voice is uniformly strong, possibly a little over wrought in places. Like Mariah Carey. Beautiful is an important song, a plea for tolerance and understanding as well as to motivate those feeling oppressed by their situation or sexuality. There aren't many important songs on the planet, so its worth buying just for that!

If you're looking for one album by Aguilera, as I was, this budget collection is the one to go for - value for money and stunning music quality and singing like no other.
on 10 November 2008
Keeps Gettin Better: A Decade of Hits [Deluxe CD + DVD]
I have enjoyed listening to Christina for some time, and was looking forward to a greatest hits album . I chose the deluxe version because of the dvd, only to be disappointed to find that they had recorded them in 4.3 aspect ratio when I know they where recorded in widescreen. Why do that? Pan and scan wrecks the viewing experience, and all where recorded in 16.9. Very disappointed
on 11 August 2010
This CD is pretty good, especially for the price. From her early tracks such as Genie in a Bottle and Come On Over, to more recent efforts like Keeps Getting Better, there's some great tunes on here, some for dancing and some for chilling out to and admiring the vocal range Christina has got.
Personally, I don't like the remixes that feature on the album, I would prefer to have had Tilt Ya Head Back, which she did with Nelly and Can't Hold Us Down, which she did with Lil Kim on there instead, but overall, of the 17 tracks on the CD, 11 I love, three I don't mind and two I'm not bothered about, which isn't a bad ratio.
A good buy for big Christina fans or people like me who don't mind some of the songs that she's released.
on 8 April 2013
I don't know what's going on with Christina and her spot in the music industry, since she never got the same attention from the media as in the past. She doesn't go on tour anymore, not many singles and music videos...maybe her "lights" came down, who knows?

What I can say is that this Collection is a pop-must-have album in anybody's collection! The CD comes with new songs and also with a DVD of her 10 greatest videos. The selection is great, but what happened to the other videos, such as NOBODY WANTS TO BE LONELY, with Ricky Martin??? She doesn't have only 10!!!!!
on 13 March 2017
Cd arrived scratched. Had to send back due to poor quality.
on 28 February 2011
I was inspired to buy this after seeing Christina perform on X Factor and remembered all the great songs she has done - this album manages to put every song you could want from the last 10 years or so of Christina's career, and a couple of new tracks too. Everyone who has heard this in my car loves it and enjoys remembering all her classics. I would recommend this to anyone who loves her tracks, because this is the best way to get them all together. A brilliant album that you can't help but sing along to.
on 9 November 2008
everyone has heard her music and can make their own minds up whether they like these songs - they have all been released! I am instead looking at her new music, which is featured on this cd. As a humongous fan I am pretty happy to get 4 new songs, but are they any good? The two brand new track 'Dynamite' and 'keeps gettin' better' are very good, expressing a new singing and lyrical style that is fun and fresh. The two new/old songs 'Genie 2.0' and 'You are what you are (beautiful)' aren't quite as good as the new ones. 'Genie 2.0' works well, but 'you are what you are' is a bit weird and a bit boring (after a few listens) and feels really glum. which is a bit of a contradiction to what the message of the song is. I like that Christina has gone back to her past and revamped her most successful songs in her future style. Its both a retrospect of her career and a look into the future of it. good job!
on 16 June 2014
I bought this for my Dad for father's day, I enjoyed listening to it as much as he did.

It was the perfect gift as it was a cd, with 17 songs on it as it also came with a bonus DVD, with some of Christina Aguilera's popular music videos on the DVD.

It was the perfect gift for an fan, to buy as it has a lot of popular songs on it.
on 28 November 2012
I had not heard this young lady before I got this CD. I bought it after reading what others said about it and was surprised by the strength and power and quality of the voice. I am not a fan of rap but it didn't appear overdone or insulting like so much other rap on the market. So over all I give this a great big tick. Well done.