on 6 November 2012
Thrilled with this. Looks good, nice feel /sound to door opening, not noisy & the beeps stop when door is opened! More versatile programming than my previous one (I don't use jet menu)& love the easy clean interior. If convection mode is used much stainless interiors are a pain to keep looking even ok. Love the turntable stop button, wish it could be used in grill only for a couple of burgers or bacon but then just add the lowest micro power & you can! Pleased it has a 30sec auto button which I'm used to & that time can be added during cooking. Have purchased a crisp plate also & now experimenting with best setting for that, so far - fantastic, chilled samosas hot through & crisp in 5min instead of 15 in normal oven. Hope it last problem free.
4 people found this helpful
on 12 October 2016
great oven easy to use
on 8 March 2011
I spent a long time choosing the right microwave and combination oven to purchase, reading loads of reviews and not concentrating on the price as this was THE most expensive one in the end. I was banking on it being excellent quality as the name Whirlpool is renowned for quality. It takes some time to get to know and when you master it, it does do more than just microwave. The sad part is, mine is 2 months old, has a build up of water stain inside the door between the inner and outer part that is definitely not right and could be a broken seal, possibly leaking microwaves out AND in the oven at the back there is a stainless panel which has a build up of rust already around the panel although I have wiped the interior meticulously. The whirpool customer service is awful, I have phoned 5 times, each time I am transferred to 3 or more representatives and finally you get put to an answerphone without warning and no one bothers to call you back. So now I am stuck with a potentially dangerous machine, going rusty in just 2 months and I am out of pocket some £180. I am considering approaching the trading standards as I don't know how else to get my money back. Think very carefully before buying this product, I would not buy another whirlpool microwave again. Oh yes, and all the reps are interested in is selling you a further 2 years warranty! Bit of a joke really.
17 people found this helpful
on 9 March 2014
I have one of these, and the instructions are hopeless. Some of us need to be told how to use one of these machines. I have tried buying books (4 of them), YouTube et al., but cannot get any sense from them.
They all tell you the obvious, that you must set the mode(s), then set the power (from 7 levels, so which one?) then set the time (how long?).
At least with an old fashioned oven you only need to experiment with one parameter. There are a huge number of combinations with this machine; how many ruined meals will it take in order to find the right one? And what about the same ingredients, but in greater or lesser quantities?
The machine came with two 5 page recipe books for frivolous things that I will never cook, but no guidance at all on how to cook a roast chicken or (tonight) roast fillet of beef.
We had a Panasonic back in the '80's, with sensor cook, and I wish I had bought another.