Top positive review
20 people found this helpful
Favourite socks of all time!
on 23 January 2012
I bought my first pair of these a good three years ago (Bridgedale All Mountain Socks).
I was so pleased with them that the second pair followed almost immediately. I now have 6 pairs and only ever use other socks in an "emergency", when all the bridgedales are in the wash.
What I love about them:
- they keep your feet warm in the cold
- they keep your feet dry and non-sweaty even in summer
- they have a great cushioning effect and don't rub - never had a blister with then even in new boots
- I chuck them in the washing machine at 40º (inside out). No fuss or special treatment needed
- after 3 years they are still soft and have hardly any bibbles (I tried various other merino socks before, all of which turned into clump shedding felted lumps fairly quickly)
- they conform to your feet without being tight and don't slip - no bunching baggy toe bit either
- you can push them down to your ankles when warm and pull them over your calf when cold - perfect length for that. Instant temperature regulation. E.g. during bike ride, to keep your calf muscles warm at a rest stop.
- they haven't lost their shape even after 3 years of constant use
- this is gross but, at a pinch, you can easily wear them for 3 days without much pong. And this is from someone who used to have a bit of a wiffy feet problem.
I wear them all year round apart from those few days when it's too warm for any type of socks and the sandals come out. Although when I'm fairly sure noone's looking I do wear them in my hiking sandals, as you get the breeze through to cool your feet but any sweat is wicked away and you don't end up sticking to your sandals...
last autumn I leant a pair to my aunt when she was staying as she gets cold feet very easily. She was so taken by the comfy toasty feet bliss that she asked for some as a christmas present (This very purchase). She's been wearing them a lot since and is so happy with them that she's now bought two more pairs herself.
Another convert! :)