on 23 January 2012
I bought my first pair of these a good three years ago (Bridgedale All Mountain Socks).
I was so pleased with them that the second pair followed almost immediately. I now have 6 pairs and only ever use other socks in an "emergency", when all the bridgedales are in the wash.

What I love about them:
- they keep your feet warm in the cold
- they keep your feet dry and non-sweaty even in summer
- they have a great cushioning effect and don't rub - never had a blister with then even in new boots
- I chuck them in the washing machine at 40º (inside out). No fuss or special treatment needed
- after 3 years they are still soft and have hardly any bibbles (I tried various other merino socks before, all of which turned into clump shedding felted lumps fairly quickly)
- they conform to your feet without being tight and don't slip - no bunching baggy toe bit either
- you can push them down to your ankles when warm and pull them over your calf when cold - perfect length for that. Instant temperature regulation. E.g. during bike ride, to keep your calf muscles warm at a rest stop.
- they haven't lost their shape even after 3 years of constant use
- this is gross but, at a pinch, you can easily wear them for 3 days without much pong. And this is from someone who used to have a bit of a wiffy feet problem.

I wear them all year round apart from those few days when it's too warm for any type of socks and the sandals come out. Although when I'm fairly sure noone's looking I do wear them in my hiking sandals, as you get the breeze through to cool your feet but any sweat is wicked away and you don't end up sticking to your sandals...

last autumn I leant a pair to my aunt when she was staying as she gets cold feet very easily. She was so taken by the comfy toasty feet bliss that she asked for some as a christmas present (This very purchase). She's been wearing them a lot since and is so happy with them that she's now bought two more pairs herself.
Another convert! :)
on 19 April 2014
My husband wore these With his Bridgedale Everyday Outdoors Coolmax Liner, and they were really warm and comfortable through some very cold days of a high altitude trek in Nepal. Fit well, and the elastic holds the socks up without cutting off circulation.
on 20 August 2015
Like to wear these when in winter. Although they have elastication, they still fall towards the ankles after a short walk. These shrunk a bit as expected in a Bosch washer on Quick Wash cycle at 40 degrees. Thus 4 stars.
on 26 March 2014
My previous purchases of these socks lasted 10 years despite being worn most of the year round, washing in the machine after each wear and yet they stayed soft, supple and intact so when I saw these I grabbed them. These are great value and very comfortable but not quite as hard-wearing nor as good quality as the originals. They are very soft and allow your feet to breathe and fit well and are definitely worth the money.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 February 2013
If you are looking for a pair of high quality, long, warm socks that will last for years, your search is over.

Do not be put off by the "All mountain" description. These socks are great for general wear in the cold, dog walking etc. I wear mine at work and they are fantastic. They can actually be too warm in certain circumstances!

They look good in gunmetal colour and are nice and long. I am 6 foot tall and they almost reach my knees, not quite. They stay up well for the length and they wash and dry without any issues or special treatment.

I know they seem expensive but compared to the time others will last they work out better value than you may initially think.

Highly recommended.
on 8 January 2013
Saw these on an offer and thought worth a try. I wanted some longer socks, comfortable to use with walking boots and to keep my TOES WARM. Really do like these, they do all I want and I have found them very comfortable. having quite big calfs others I have tried tend not to be long enough and the elstic cuts into the calf. There is no lumpy seams that rub. These reach above the calf and the elastic is comfortable. It will be interesting to see how they perform after a few washes. So will update the review then if there is anything to report. After a few weeks I can say there is no bad points to these socks that I have found.
on 15 December 2014
Excellent, typical quality and comfortable Bridgedale socks. I don't use these for skiing, although they would possibly be suitable. Although one reviewer didn't think they were as warm as some socks he owned, I would say they were more than warm enough (Bridgedale's own rating - Warmest). Wonderful comfortable fit and after several washes, have proved to hold their shape and structure. I was so pleased with them I bought further pairs and consider them excellent for winter gardening, dog walking and even use them for mountain biking on occasion.

My ONLY complaint is that although when you first put them on, you can't believe they would ever slip down your leg, I've found they quite frequently do before the end of the day ~ but then I have got extremely skinny legs!

You can get cheaper socks at M&S, but these Bridgedales seem to wash better, hold their shape better and are warmer ~ for me they're worth the extra cost
on 5 November 2015
Simply put, "best socks ever". Is it a bit sad of me to say I actually look forward to these socks coming round in my walking sock rotation.

A rare case of buying something so much more expensive than the bog standard is really worth it.

Great, great socks, can't recommend them enough, I love 'em! Treat yourself to one pair at least if you are a serious walker.
on 28 August 2014
Essential bit of kit for rocking up to the mountains!
I use these socks for snowboarding and no other socks come close. I still have and ware the first pair I brought 10 years ago. In between washes! Lol
The best socks on the market, don't settle for anything less!!
on 10 May 2012
These are really well made socks that stay up and do not attempt to cut off the circulation.
Very soft and have a sensible level of underfoot padding. The price was good but not exceptional, however no complaints here.

See one answered question