on 29 April 2018
It grows on you, despite at first thinking it was a complete mess. Now I can see its artistic beauty so clearly. This is truly incredible work.
on 4 November 2014
Simply a stunning album. Like the other Burial album i bought this to listen to in the car. However much of the subtleties are not appreciated unless you listen to them with a decent set of headphones.
on 21 January 2018
Very dark.
on 22 February 2016
Wonderful cd
on 10 November 2012
Took a lot longer to deliver than I expected, but it was of course worth the wait!
A masterpiece album that should be in the collection of ANY music lover!
on 29 April 2009
Okay I'll be honest with everyone - I knew nothing about Burial before he was nominated for the Mercury Music prize (With follow up to this, Untrue). Even then all I knew was that he was a dark dubstep producer.

I now think he was robbed. In fact, had the Arctic Monkeys not been in the running in '06, I would say he should have won then. At the very least this album should have been nominated.

I'll keep it simple. The album is an absolute joy. Better than 'Untrue' in my opinion. Emotive, ambient and abit clever. I would highly recommend this to any music fan, whether they normally like production based music or not.

Lessons learnt - 1) Mercury Music Prize is good for Something, 2) This album is top notch!
13 people found this helpful
on 26 January 2017
Do not buy this product the item is fake and the sleeve was colour printed and glued on plus the cd cover was a amatuer work of copy.
on 1 April 2014
Being a huge Burial fan for several years of my life - Burial has made a huge impact on my life. The way he can create something as beautiful as this and all of his other tracks and also stay limited in terms of his identity, astonishes me. I had all of his tunes on mp3 but grabbing these tunes on Vinyl is just a whole new and majestic experience. You will understand what I mean as soon as you wack this on onto your turntable. His tunes are just dreamy and he never fails to deliver. If you are a huge garage fan then from the bottom of my heart, you need to get these Vinyl's before its too late.
on 20 November 2007
One can only state the emotions and sensibilities the music provokes. I do not want to coin Burial as a messiah, a voice of a generation, recluse, genius etc. I do not know the man, and I am not a radio dj trying to champion the album. However, I think Burial has made a special album that listens like a soundscape rather than a multitrack production. He is an original, which explains the endless accolades. I am, sure he is faithful to the dubstep generation, but this album, and his debut, doesn't actually sound like dubstep. The clicking gliche-like beats are obscure and unconventional, the convention being slow pounding dub. The use of sped up and mangled r&b vocals hook the listener, the melodies are dreamy, and the ambient pad sounds remind one of early Aphex and Eno. The longevity of this album will be owed to the fact that Burial has carved his own niche of sound production. His music displays his own run at creativity. Thoroughly recommended to the discerning music listener.
3 people found this helpful
on 27 October 2007
Grooverider, Moodyman, Alex Reece, Smith and Mighty, Spooky. Burial sounds nothing like these folks yet there's a similair unmediated quality to what he does: there's no `personality' or individual living it large to stand in the way of you the listener and the mysterious spookiness of Burial's debut CD. This is music with the sort of atmosphere you can cut with a knife. It's the sound of any big British city at 5am in the morning, it's the sounds in your head when your ears have finally rinsed themselves of the tinnitus after hours in a club, gig or bar. Like the music makers mentioned at the start of this piece, Burial is trying to create soundscapes that resonate, disturb and thrill. That he succeeds makes this release all the more satisfying.
4 people found this helpful