on 19 November 2017
We needed to cover up the edge of our fireplace after my daughter had a nasty accident. These strips really do stick to anything and they stay put really well. The strips are really nicely padded and you can tell even before using them that they are going to stop any accidents on sharp edges. They honestly don't look the nicest but better to be safe!
2 people found this helpful
on 22 January 2010
This is a really great idea for keeping your little one safe around the fireplace. I bought it thinking to myself that "ok it might not look pretty but neither will my baby if she knocks her face against the hearth". But it actually looks a lot better than it does in the picture. It's really quite soft and well padded and is very easy to apply. It is stuck on with double sided tape which is included. It also seems as though it's going to stay securely in place for as long as needed unlike other baby safety products that I have purchased in the recent past. There was more than enough to go round my standard sized hearth and I have kept the unused pieces in case I need to use them in any other non babyproof parts of the house.
28 people found this helpful
on 28 February 2018
What a clever idea this is & at a decent price. We have a stone hearth & needed this for our 1 year old grandaughter. The only drawback is the double sided strips that come with it,they didnt work on the stone. As soon as my grandaughter knocked or pulled it,especially the corner pieces they came off but all I did was purchase a roll of stronger double sided tape from diy store which cost me less than £5 & it has done the trick. It is held on firmly now.
on 9 April 2018
excellent
One person found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 11 October 2017
It’s done the job! It is certainly tempting for my daughter to rip it back off, I think we will probably end up buying a whole fire surround guard/gate as she starts walking. But for now, it’s protecting those sharp corners and staying put.
on 15 October 2017
Got this to baby proof the fireplace, easy to put on and cut into size you need. Takes minutes to do.
review image
on 23 May 2017
Only really suitable if your fireplace has a smooth and even top and side edge. If it doesn't you will find that it won't stay in place.
on 19 August 2017
This is really not great. My 11 month old baby ripped it off straight away! Waste of money.
on 5 December 2017
Very nice and soft and a great way to make your fire place stone safe without compromising on your home decor. It blends right in ours.
on 11 April 2017