Customer reviews

on 3 May 2013
I ordered this because my snazzy 8ltr kuhn rikon didn't come with it included. I was expecting something like the basket I had in my old pressure cooker - too much weight in it and the handle would ping out. Highly annoying and not too safe. I was pleasantly surprised though. This is a good, strong item, with the handle not even budging a smidge out of place.

One thing I did find is if I used the basket on the trivet, for some reason the food took longer to cook. Since I'm feeding a crowd and rarely need the separator usually I stand the basket on the separator part instead.

This would have got five stars except the holes in the bottom of the basket feel a little rough to me on the underside. Small detail, not too worrying, it just meant that it felt a little unfinished.
on 19 April 2017
Expensive but very good quality
on 18 May 2017
bought with my pressure cooker and used once. Waste of time as for small veg like peas there is no point pressure cooking them in my opinion
on 4 April 2013
This is another sturdy well designed addition to the fantastic pressure cooker that I'm sure people don't appreciate the improvement in yet. Get one it cooks a fantastic brisket in a quarter of the time (30 mins) and can produce perfect soaked beans in 10 minutes rather than over an hour in a saucepan.
on 1 August 2014
Great sturdy steamer basket with removable separator which is handy for making larger portions; only slight negative is it's too deep to sit on a trivet in my Instant Pot, but then it's not made for the Instant Pot so it wouldn't be fair to mark it lower. Does what's necessary so I'm happy with it.
on 7 November 2015
Used this for some split pea soup ans well as some beans so they dont sit on the bottom and burn and both turned out fantastic. Really well made and sturdy. I cant really see it wearing out unless you manage to break the handle but you would have to work for it. Excellent and if cooking legumes and pulses and anything that needs a little insulation of liquid between the food and pot, this is perfect. It also makes removing them very easy, just lift the handle. Great purchase and great quality.
on 10 May 2013
Bought this to use with my new Kuhn Rikon Duromatic pressure cooker and it fits my 6 litre model perfectly. Very solid construction not like the aluminium efforts given away with the old prestige cookers.
on 11 May 2014
it ok i just use it with out the separator in it, as i could a lot of veg for the family.
on 18 October 2014
This item fits nicely in our Tefal 6 litre pressure cooker.
Sturdy and well made.
Divider blades can be lifted out for use as a single compartment steamer basket.
on 29 December 2016
I bought this trio separator set, as my Flavor Master did not come with anything like the Kuhn Rikon set.
When it came, I new that it was what I needed, and I started to use it striate away. I am very impressed
the way it works and the amount of use you can get out of it. I would recommend this product to any one
who is looking for a good quality product.