Customer reviews

on 11 August 2002
Even if you are not usually the 'musical' type, this is one of the best shows in the world, and this recording has the best cast!! you'll be singing it all day.
As a big fan of Bebe Neuwirth, I may be a little bias, but I have heard many Velma's, and I think that Bebe's interpritaion of the character is the best!! Her voice is perfect for her. So this is the must have CD for any Bebe fan!
While most people are not fans of Ann Reinking's voice, you get used to it quickly, and she is a very tallented actress.
I have always liked James Naughton, and I believe he IS Billy Flynn.
The best piece of advice I can give to anyone purchasing this album is: "Bye 2 copies! 'cause if you're anything like me you'll wear it out taking it everywhere you go!"
on 1 November 2012
This recording of the 1996 Broadway production of Chicago is pure magic .Wonderful cast , perfectly cast and great orchestrations. I saw the original production on Broadway in 1976 , and it was superb , but this production is more sophisticated and sassy .Chicago is one of those shows that needs an American cast , and this must be the best !
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse