Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 21 September 2000
I loved this CD because it included cuts I had never heard andpreserved a period in the band's history when they all but disappeared, at least for me. The CD captures the band after they have fallen from the pinnacle and the choice of songs ("My Baby Left Me", the defiant lyrics of "Be") reflects their struggles. "Mama" and "Cum On Feel the Noize" sound rushed, as if they are tired of playing old hits. The style is quite different from their early 1970s sound. The band is tighter and heavier. Noddy plays like ZZTop's Billy Gibbons (check out "Take Me Bak 'Ome") and does not banter with the crowd as he did on Alive Vol I. His playing is often better than Dave Hill's, though Dave's guitar work is much improved, despite hitting enough bum notes on the opening "Get On Up" to last a career.
For a lifelong fan, this one closes a gap and presents a band soldiering on -- in working class tradition -- at their trade, despite their lack of chart success. Slade was a proper band and best heard live.
on 17 August 2000
This album really captures Slade at their very best, and is one of the best live recordings ever. If you don't buy any other live recordings, buy this one. take it from me - a huge Slade fan - this is good!
on 6 January 2016
I had the original in the 1970s, when I was a devoted fan, at around 9 years of age. I have recently decided to revisit Slade's back catalogue on a nostalgia trip. I found that I enjoy them more aged 50 than I did in the days when I saved pocket money to buy each of their singles as it came out on Polydor. The thing that really prompted me to buy this was that after revisiting tracks from Old, New, Borrowed and Blue, and Play it Loud, I realised a craving to hear Holder belting out 'Darling be Home Soon' again, (belch and all). It is still a great track, and the others are coming back to me too, like long lost friends. Buy it if you also loved them enough to pin badges of their faces to your purple fake fur jacket, and never lost your craving for joyous, raucous rock and roll
on 3 November 2009
Ever since this live album was released in 1979, I've always felt that this was a much better live album than the first one from 1972.
I can honestly say that I've never heard Slade play better and tighter than on Alive 2. Noddy's rythm guitar is of world class and not to mention Jimmys fingers go up and down the fretboard on his bass. The only week part of this album is that I think that Dave Hills guitar has been turned down compared to the rest of the band(maybe because of his sometimes mediocre guitar playing)

If there was ever a time when I had wanted to see the band on stage, it would be around this period of their career. The song selection is also great. Get on up is a perfect show starter with Don Powells heavy drum beat. A very poor studio recording of Burning in the heat of love suddenly shines a light when being played live. One of my all time favourites on this album is One Eyed jacks with mustaches which really proves what a tight band Slade had become in 1979. Listen to the rythm section in earphones and you'll know what I'm talking about!

Anybody who's into live album should run out and buy this on Especially since you know can get both Alive 1 and II remastered.
on 13 February 2014
From their pre glam years slade worked the university and clubs, here this cd demonstrates how tight their music was.
From classics like Gudbuy t Jane everyday mamma to a hard hitting quick fire number called Be.
Quite simply, a great good rocking cd. BUY IT !!!
on 30 December 2013
a blast from the past, brought back some great memories and reminded me how good this band was live. even today give an experience of the band live on stage. The music is still great today.