Customer reviews

Little Voice
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.49

on 7 June 2017
I bought this for one song but really enjoyed the whole CD. A very well accomplished singer .
on 8 September 2017
Good delivery. Good Cd. Thanks.
on 2 November 2017
Enjoyable
on 4 March 2017
Couple of great tracks the rest not for me
on 16 April 2015
superb!!!!
VINE VOICEon 7 August 2008
Sara Bareilles is a breath of fresh air in the pop scene, and seems to have come from nowhere just when we needed an injection of hooky, melodic piano pop. Little Voice is full of catchy tunes, not least the chart success "Love Song". Stylistically there's a lot of variety here, from the bluesy "Vegas" to the edgier pop rock of "Morningside" and the sensitive, reflective ballad "Between the Lines". The clean-cut mix of piano and bass are ever-present, though, giving the album an honest approach - a bit like Maroon 5 meets Ben Folds Five, with Sara's expert vocal on top. As for Sara herself, she really has something special which defies a single comparison - at times she has a bit of Sandi Thom about her, at others she's a little Natasha Bedingfield, and then there's a bit of Gabriella Cilmi - her voice is really multifaceted.

All in all, well recommended - a great listen and every track worth revisiting.
on 15 February 2009
When I first downloaded this album, it has to be said, initially, it was from no great love for Sara Bareilles' music or singing voice. Instead, it was simply because of the fact that I couldn't get that infernal "Love Song" out of my head after hearing again and again on the music channels. So I downloaded it, listened to the track a few times, got bored of it, and there it sat, unlistened to, on my iPod for some time(partially due to the fact Vegas was the following track, which I never took to and is still my least favourite song on the album.)

Some months later I found myself listening to it again through shuffle,a pure accident, and was surprised to find myself actually enjoying listening to "Morningside." That led me onto the other tracks and a growing realisation that the album was nothing short of brilliant. Bareilles has something that I had never realised I'd been missing until I happened upon it. A beautiful, clear, awesome clarity of voice, tone, feeling; something, in short, of making the hearer feel privileged to listen to her. The words are clear(not screamed or distorted by sound technology),the instrumentals crisp and the message clear.

The lyrics are, as a bonus, refreshingly original and ring through heartfelt. So unlike some pop "music" of nowadays, where the same annoying sentiments are rehashed using the same annoying phrases and whining tones. They are also, to my suprise, funny, at times, thankfully not through their indeptness at conveying the sentiments behind them, but for the converse. One such example, that makes me chuckle every time, is in "Fairytale" -
"The tall blond lets out a sigh of despair,
says - "Would've cut it myself, if I knew men could climb hair"
Gotta find myself another tower somewhere,
Keep away from the window."

You can't fault her for not being original - that particular slant on Rapunzel amuses me to no end. That is but one example of this album's brilliance. There are many, reader. My recommendations as a favourite sad song (which, again, I was surprised by, as I loath sad songs) "Gravity" and as a happy one, aside from "Love Song", "Morningside." Both I loved, along with this entire album. Gravity remains my favourite.

I highly recommend this album, for not only all the above reasons, but also for the happy knowledge that it suprised me. I always think it's the best feeling in the world, being suprised by a piece of music. I was wrong about Sara Bareilles, and happily so. Her album has done more than prove me wrong, it has given me many hours of joy listening to it tell me how wrong I was.

I hope it will do the same for you.
on 13 November 2010
Some of the songs on this album are so fantastic, I actually can't believe it! i'm addicted!

The song that got me into Sara Barielles in the first place was King of Anything (from Kaleidascope heart), and I got this album at the same time, certain i'd love it. I did, from the moment i put it on, I was hard put to find a song i didn't like!

so here is a quick list of my favourites, and why i love them!

Love song, the signature song from this album, is so catchy it will have you singing along in no time!

'Bottle it up' is a great catchy tune, with some excellent lyrics. It's a happy song, but certain parts are just a little angry, and I rather enjoy singing along.

'Come Round soon', well, at first I thought I didn't like it, as I wasn't sure about the pace. But by the end of this track I was hooked! She demonstrates the most amazing range of vocals in this track, with the most fantastic high note near the end, which I wish I could master! Love it!

'Fairytale' now one of my all time favourite songs! I just love the lyrics, the freedom, the beat, everything! Every time I listen, it forms a wonderful image in my head. I'd love to make the music video for this song, there is so much to do with it!

So I recommend this album fully! it's just amazing!

if you are a fan of sara barielles, I also recommend: Maria Mena, Missy Higgins and Lenka, they are all amazing female singers with talent comparable to Sara Barielles!
on 21 June 2008
There is a jungle of female singer/songwriters out there, but only a few with a talent as Sara Bareilles. With "Little Voice" Sara Bareilles demonstrates that she is much more than one in a crowd of indistingishable artists. She is a poignant lyricist, versatile musician,and confident singer.

I especially like the way she works with rhythms in her songs. Some songs have drums and percussion, but the piano is the key in the rhythm.

On some songs it is easy to identify her musical inspirations, but Sara Bareilles manages to let herself be inspired and take flight on her own.

Sara Bareilles deserves a standing applause for the modestly titled "Little Voice".

Louise
on 19 October 2011
When Sara Bareilles is good she's very, very good. The quality of "Love song" alone is worth the price of the album. Her voice is reminiscent of many great soul singers, Dusty Springfield for one. But she definitely has her own unique style. Her voice and style can make an uninspiring song worth listening to. There are several tracks on this album which seem to lack something. However, I was very impressed by not only "Love Song" but also "Bottle it Up" and "Love on the Rocks" I would recommend this album for any Sara Bareilles fan.

Jennifer K. Lafferty