on 10 May 2017
Recently used this to paint some of my kitchen damp spots after a full re-plaster.
It's very thick so you have to be careful, and I would recommend using a expensive brush.

Painted over it and been mould free for over 2 months.

Have used this previously in the living room and the damp has not come through for over 2 years.
4 people found this helpful
on 28 September 2016
It does seal all damp stains on walls prior to painting and left the walls stain free after applying one-coat magnolia emulsion.
As the product is quite thick i found it easier and quicker to apply Damp Seal with a roller rather than with a brush. I also found the ONE-COAT coverage is much better at covering than the ordinary Damp Seal.
2 people found this helpful
on 19 January 2016
This has done a brilliant job in my very damp porch (which I had repaired before the floods, thank goodness). Easy to brush on, covered marks well and has now been painted over with nothing coming through.
Others thought this expensive for the size of the tin. I didn't - it does the job brilliantly which is what I wanted.
One person found this helpful
on 15 September 2017
So far so good :)
This does exactly what it says it will.
We had a really bad patch at the bottom of the stairs and this has covered brilliant.
I gave it 2 coats and it brilliant.

Would definitely recommend.
on 22 February 2018
My son lives in a flat which the person above him had a serious leak, this stained the walls and the ceiling. I had tried many other products to stop the stain coming back. Damp Seal is the only one which has acutely worked. Yes in some areas I had to add two coats. Its now been a month and still no sign of the stain coming back through
on 9 May 2013
Painted it in the bathroom on a patch where the paint had flaked off due to bad ventilation....so far its fine!
14 people found this helpful
on 7 November 2013
I've already used the product and it is of excellent quality. Fast drying, good value for money and dries out white. I'm very happy with it and no where would I have found it for such a cheap price.
7 people found this helpful
on 27 January 2018
no different from using gloss pain to seal stain before applying emulsion so save your money. This product paints out the signs of damp ingress, it does not stop damp ingress.
on 25 July 2014
Its goooood but open the windows and do not use in a confined space owing to the fumes but its worth it and do not your best brush use a chuck away brush and bin it after but its a good product.
5 people found this helpful
on 18 August 2015
So far so good, thought I'd leave the review for a few weeks after painting the part of the bathroom wall that is not tiled and it did used to show signs of mould coming through, since I painted the wall with Damp Seal I've seen no signs of mould at all.
One person found this helpful